• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MEI Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LOL but at least realize I'm right. Right guys unless I'm missing something.

LOL but at least realize I'm right. Right guys unless I'm missing something.

Where to begin?

1. You want to write lesson plans but demonstrate little grasp of English or grammar.

2. You toss the PTS into a discussion with out reference. I wonder if you have really ever read just one complete PTS.

3. You have just begun Instructor training yet discount people who have taught for decades.

4. You state that because you never heard of a specific certification requirement, that it must not be important. As an Instructor, all requirements are important.

Aviation will kill you if you do not take it serious. If you want to just play around, take up dodge ball.

Folks, Alimbo is just playing around at your expense and is enjoying yanking your chain. He may learn enough to become an Instructor, but IMHO not anytime soon. It is your time to use, but I think you could spend it better elsewhere.

Never argue with a fool - people might not know the difference.
- anonymous

I'm getting my MEI soon, should be an easy ride BUT...
  1. Any advice you wish you would have known before hand?
  2. How was your check ride, what maneuvers did you have to do?
  3. What questions were you asked in the oral?
  4. Was everything as expected or were you thrown a curve ball?
Thanks

If you go back over this site you may see that every 6 months or so a new group of pilots begins a new rating and asks the same questions. The fact that they ask questions is IMHO a good sign. If a student is defined as someone who seeks knowledge, then they are students. I keep getting the feeling that many are just looking for the easy way out. I had a student who asked me "what is the least amount of work I need to do to pass?" I told him I was impressed that he had a goal but wondered if to just pass in a subject that lack of knowledge or skill could kill you was a good idea. He thought about it for a second and sad "no I just wanna pass". I told him I would warn my friends to not go flying with him.

The short answer is that every exam should be easy if you are prepared for it. If you know the material and practiced the maneuvers the exam should be quick and a demonstration that you should hold the rating.

Sa-weeet! I leave for a day to fly to families for Christmas and bashing starts in the forums. C'mon people we are all at different levels, and all learning, and no one will ever "arrive."

Thank you to everyone's responses, keep them coming.

As stated in my first post, Im just looking for advice from other pilots from all backgrounds and experience levels. I do and will continue to study, Im not looking for a rote memorization gouge to BS a DE w/canned answers.

We all joined this site for what...... to communicate and learn from/with other people in the same profession, so stop bashing each other and just respond with something constructive that others can learn from.

So, how else has some MEI info to share, lets hear it....

i think the signatures are funny between alimbo and avbug. i doubt this would happen in face to face communications.

the mei is a serious rating. not to be taken lightly, especially if you havent a lot of multi hours to begin with.

for those pursing it, make sure you know me procedures and aerodynmics, inside and out. like the old saying goes... "the turning engine will take you to the accident quicker. " students can do some very unpredictable things. even the good ones. never left your guard down. know the proceedureas cold. ive heard some scary stories here and there.

alimbo seems to be a very angry guy who wants to prove how great a pilot he is. alimbo, this will come in time. you should be a more humble pilot and student until you can be confident with what you state. it seems you have a strong desire to fly professionally, which is good. this will get you far. but you need to be a good solid instructor for now, until the outfits start hiring again. i think by late next yr, we'll see things pick up, but mostly for guys with more time.

I had to do unusual attitudes in the sim for a plane im already typed in......

The commercial PTS is used and so is the Instrument PTS. The multi is "rating" that is added on to your cert (commercial). No different if you we're just getting a type "rating" for a plane. If you want to fly as a commercial pilot, with instrument privledges in a multi-engine airplane you need to demonstrate the PTS for commercial multi AND instrument. That is why you need to do 2 ils approaches and 2 non-precsion approaches and a hold.
I already provided the reference in the PTS for this.
It's was in my DE handbook as well, and I used to have them do it. It aint that hard to do.

Good luck with your ride, if you practice and just think things through instead of freaking out (a lotta people do) you'll do fine.

It's a tough ride but you'll feel real good about yourself, just don't go out and be stupid and have accident.

Last edited:
I'm getting my MEI soon, should be an easy ride BUT...
  1. Any advice you wish you would have known before hand?
  2. How was your check ride, what maneuvers did you have to do?
  3. What questions were you asked in the oral?
  4. Was everything as expected or were you thrown a curve ball?
Thanks

1. not really

2. know what EVERYTHING is on the plane....like all the little drain masts, radio antenna, etc.

3. Regualtions about instruction, SE stuff, airplane systems

4. No curve balls, but then I've flown with and sent this examiner many students so we had a good relationship.

Where to begin?

1. You want to write lesson plans but demonstrate little grasp of English or grammar.

2. You toss the PTS into a discussion with out reference. I wonder if you have really ever read just one complete PTS.

3. You have just begun Instructor training yet discount people who have taught for decades.

4. You state that because you never heard of a specific certification requirement, that it must not be important. As an Instructor, all requirements are important.

Aviation will kill you if you do not take it serious. If you want to just play around, take up dodge ball.

Folks, Alimbo is just playing around at your expense and is enjoying yanking your chain. He may learn enough to become an Instructor, but IMHO not anytime soon. It is your time to use, but I think you could spend it better elsewhere.

Never argue with a fool - people might not know the difference.
- anonymous

I dont care wat I type on a forum this is not my lesson plan.
I tried to reference the PTS but could not copy it. Look under ratings held and what you need to do you will find your answer.

Im discounting avbug who is a huge tool. Never will I listen to him ther is plenty of other ppl to reference than him.

I've never heard of it and if its important I will be taught it. If not then I guess afer 6 or so instructors its not important. Those instructors ages vary from 21-65+ So hey I dont think its to important.

Yes I am yanking ppl's chain at times but not right now.

alimbo seems to be a very angry guy who wants to prove how great a pilot he is. alimbo, this will come in time. you should be a more humble pilot and student until you can be confident with what you state. it seems you have a strong desire to fly professionally, which is good. this will get you far. but you need to be a good solid instructor for now, until the outfits start hiring again. i think by late next yr, we'll see things pick up, but mostly for guys with more time.

Im not angry at all Im a pretty happy guy, and I would say im very humble at least thats wat most of my instructors tell me. I do have a strong desire to fly. I wil try my best to be a solid instructor hence why I asked questions on here to be a humble student. As for your MEI seeing your tt time op I think you will be just fine.

Latest resources

Back