Media party over for JBLU

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General Lee said:
I was hired after the '96 contract, just barely. You live and learn, and then you stop giving in. JB forced that E190 rate on you, because you have no vote. Could they give you a pay cut if things continue to slide for you guys? Yes, yes they could. We will vote to stop our slide, which has been considerable. And, I don't consider the E190 little.

Bye Bye--General Lee

"vote to stop the our slide", now thats classic...the day you vote no and go on strike is the day jetblue becomes a world wide international carrier. nice grand-standing general, but you dalpha boys have will no choice but to follow in the footsteps on your brothers at northwest (and united, and usair).. i cant wait to hear your intellectual analysis on why YOU DIDNT GO ON STRIKE.

as far as being forced to accept the 190's rates your right on that. if we jetblue pilots would have said no, guess who dave would have ask next???

MESA, who is represented by..................... YOUR ALPA!!!!

OK I'll bite on the E190 rates... since we haven't beat this horse to death yet... so oil is at $60 a barrel... no-one is making any money right now except for LUV with their hedges, so we are supposed to ask for a pay raise in this environment... no, we should raise our ticket prices more, so the fickle leasure travelers will fly on someone else with lower fares...

My best friends work at AA, DAL and LUV... I have the utmost respect for all the professionals in this field. Am I happy with the E190 rates... no, but I chose to work here... we all have a choice... but there are other intangibles such as happy co-workers, good management relations and a fun place to work, and with growth comes seniority and a better schedule...

Anyway best of luck to everyone... I hope we all start making money again!!
And yes the E190 is not a small plane...

Hey General,
To quote an American jumpseater I had last week:

"wetPoo, the Diarrhea of the airlines....."

Corbon said:
I'll be the first to admit our pay is nothing great, but lets look at the entire picture. The TOP of Jetblues 12 year 190 payscale is $89. So at 12 years, that is four dollars more than I would earn to fly my 170, $9 more than our 145 captains, who fly an aircraft with half the seats of a 190, and over $3 LESS than what one of our 190 captains would make. So when pay negotiations come around for our new contract you don't think our company will refer to JB's rates?

Plus you can work overtime and get time and a half. The american dream!!!

jbucpt said:
"vote to stop the our slide", now thats classic...the day you vote no and go on strike is the day jetblue becomes a world wide international carrier. nice grand-standing general, but you dalpha boys have will no choice but to follow in the footsteps on your brothers at northwest (and united, and usair).. i cant wait to hear your intellectual analysis on why YOU DIDNT GO ON STRIKE.

as far as being forced to accept the 190's rates your right on that. if we jetblue pilots would have said no, guess who dave would have ask next???

MESA, who is represented by..................... YOUR ALPA!!!!

So, Mesa scares you, and you will therefore take anything your management give you. Great. Atleast now we know who you are scared of. Ridiculous. And, we will strike if our contract is thrown out, because without it we really have no merger protection, or fragmentation protection, like you guys.What does your contract say about those issues? Will Frontier buy you and staple you guys? You never know, and you don't have any protection either. And, I can't wait to see you guys fly INTL flights. How many fuel stops will you guys take (oh, I'm sorry--Tech stops) on the way to Europe?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Bavarian Chef said:
Forced what rate on me or any other jb pilot? What was forced? I don't even fly the e190.

And you don't care!!! That is my point. Your A320 pilots sold out your E190 guys because most thought "I won't have to fly that plane anyway...." They GAVE you the rates for that plane, and the pilots at the time didn't say much---why should they? They won't have to fly it if they don't want to.....

Good luck on serving our country. I think that is very honorable. We shall see what happens at DL though, and I have a feeling it end with everyone being satisfied. We shall see.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
And you don't care!!! That is my point. Your A320 pilots sold out your E190 guys because most thought "I won't have to fly that plane anyway...." They GAVE you the rates for that plane, and the pilots at the time didn't say much---why should they? They won't have to fly it if they don't want to.....

General, to be fair, the JBLU pilots didn't sell out the 190 guys. The JBLU pilots have no say in pay, benefits or working conditions.

FDJ2 said:
General, to be fair, the JBLU pilots didn't sell out the 190 guys. The JBLU pilots have no say in pay, benefits or working conditions.

I know that, but the Bavarian guy seemed to say that he doesn't fly the E190, so who cares? It's too bad they don't really have a say in something that important.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:

Good luck on serving our country. I think that is very honorable. We shall see what happens at DL though, and I have a feeling it end with everyone being satisfied. We shall see.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

I didn't say I didn't care. I was merely pointing out that every pilot gets a choice of which airplane they want to fly and in doing so they choose which pay rate is acceptable to them. For me, the e190 rate never enters my mind because I cannot do anything about it. I haven't been at jb long enough to be blamed for what is indeed a low pay rate. I didn't SELL out anyone. I guess I am a scab as well because I work at a nonunion airline (though I have never crossed a picket line in my life).

Dude, you gotta leave this whole union thing alone. We don't have one. We may someday get one. That's it. That's where we are now. It is what it is.

General Lee said:
I know that, but the Bavarian guy seemed to say that he doesn't fly the E190, so who cares? It's too bad they don't really have a say in something that important.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I beg to differ. I said something very important about this T and A that everyone is talking about, and not one chuckle out of you. I am starting to think you are a robot, or maybe a virtual poster. I bet you are not even a general.

And why you can type "guy" and not "chef" is beyond me. It's really only one more letter.

Latest resources

Back