Media party over for JBLU

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General Lee said:
I know that, but the Bavarian guy seemed to say that he doesn't fly the E190, so who cares? It's too bad they don't really have a say in something that important.
Bye Bye--General Lee

That's all very true, but even though the Bavarian guy could careless about the E190 guys at JBLU, he is also impotent with regards to not only the 190 rates, but his own. So since he has no say in his own pay rate, he certainly has no say in the 190 rates, so technically, his opinion has no value and he couldn't sell out the 190 guys even if he wanted to.

General Lee said:
I know that, but the Bavarian guy seemed to say that he doesn't fly the E190, so who cares? It's too bad they don't really have a say in something that important.

General, the degree to which pilots have "a say" in this industry is a punchline no matter what carrier you're talking about. Leo made a tech stop at Delta for a couple of years and arguably ruined a great company--walked away with millions. He didn't come up through the ranks at Delta, and therefore had no respect or passion for where the company came from (I offer the current Delta livery as one small example, but I digress). Granted, he kind of just picked up where Ron Allen left off, but what did you, what COULD you do about it...nothing. At least at Jetblue, we have management that we can generally trust to do the right thing---kind of like Delta back in the days when Hollis Harris was there.

PulluP said:
Hey General,
To quote an American jumpseater I had last week:

"wetPoo, the Diarrhea of the airlines....."

Clever, very clever. Now, if only I could remember what AA stood for, oh yeah, now I remember, isn't it.........................! :)

CaptainMark said:
hey ..if the media party is over for JB..who will clean up?
The same guys will clean. They will just be doing it at year one wages for Virgin America.

Last edited:
Outstanding, gentlemen. Your derisive abuse of each other makes my new job at VA much easier. Years ago, I'd be drinking scotch (single malt, of course) with Bob, Frank, and occasionally with other titans of the industry, and we developed a plan. It was simple... divide the membership within each carrier. Bob accomplished this with ease with the B-scale. Once this was done, strife across carriers was inevitable and a natural evolution of dissent within an organization.

With the industry in turmoil, manning VA at slave wages will be cake! Richard promised me a balloon ride if I managed to get the new pilots to swallow cheap hourly rates.

I like balloons. Pretty...

General Lee said:
And you don't care!!! That is my point. Your A320 pilots sold out your E190 guys because most thought "I won't have to fly that plane anyway...." They GAVE you the rates for that plane, and the pilots at the time didn't say much---why should they? They won't have to fly it if they don't want to.....

Good luck on serving our country. I think that is very honorable. We shall see what happens at DL though, and I have a feeling it end with everyone being satisfied. We shall see.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

sold out????? the pot calling the kettle black...... i must say you dalpha pilots impressed me with helping out the company by picking up extra flying.
im sure the FURLOUGHED DALPHA PILOTS are thankful for you "saving" or "helping" the company. oh, thats right, YOU HAD NO CHOICE! NO VOTE???

your reality is that you are going to ACCEPT or as you say FORCED with what the ARBITRATOR (great move by DALPHA on accepting that move) rules. you can "grand-stand" and toot your "strike" voice and say your "voting" , but in the end you and dalpha will accept or "forced" to accept the decision. you have no choice.. thats your reality!!!

Don Carty said:
With the industry in turmoil, manning VA at slave wages will be cake!

Hi Don, it's Dave!

The best part of all is that the Jet Blue pilots will actually feel grateful for the opportunity. Pilots like to believe they're intelligent, yet none of the evidently have figured out how vulnerable they are to our whims.

Don, make sure that you bring back your telephone updates. The employees will get the impression that you're their friend and that everything will be alright. Trust me, they're all suckers for that.

I certainly believe that you're getting off to a great start. Frank will be very proud of your efforts.

Latest resources

Back