Media party over for JBLU

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bavarian Chef said:
I'm sorry, no comeback for your comeback. I am frozen with fear. Kind of like having that "TA in the headlights" look.

Doesn't sound like you will EVER see a TA. They will give you what they want over there, like those E190 rates. I can vote NO on my TA.

Bye Bye--General Lee

190 rates (again)

General Lee said:
Doesn't sound like you will EVER see a TA. They will give you what they want over there, like those E190 rates. I can vote NO on my TA.

Bye Bye--General Lee

You mean the ones you feel the need to emulate for the next 10 years? Does our 30 something city network, no JFK international alliances, lack of an outsource portfolio, no domestic alliance, a small fraction of a frequent flyer base and no widebody international (i.e. "where the money/future is") scare you into "lockin in" those rates for yourself for the better part of a decade (4-5 year deal, plus 3-5 year goverment sanctioned company stalling period even in the best of times).

Maybe we sould outsource them to 8 or 9 low bidder virtual airlines. Then use the "negotiating credit" we get and fatten our future 787 rates. Yeah, that's the ticket.

IronCityBlue said:
You mean the ones you feel the need to emulate for the next 10 years? Does our 30 something city network, no JFK international alliances, lack of an outsource portfolio, no domestic alliance, a small fraction of a frequent flyer base and no widebody international (i.e. "where the money/future is") scare you into "lockin in" those rates for yourself for the better part of a decade (4-5 year deal, plus 3-5 year goverment sanctioned company stalling period even in the best of times).

Maybe we sould outsource them to 8 or 9 low bidder virtual airlines. Then use the "negotiating credit" we get and fatten our future 787 rates. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Hey, we set the bar for Fedex and Southwest to get better wages. We did our part. Then 9-11 hit and our company fell apart, and that wasn't our fault. I guess we allowed the $12 billion in losses since 9-11. Your management set the new benchmark for 100 seaters, and you couldn't do squat about it. Is that your fault? Well, you and the rest of us have to live with it now. Your Bavarian Friend liked to put in my face that he could see a TA coming at us---and I responded atleast we could vote on it. Sad but true. You will have to live with whatever your company gives you. Don't be throwing things out there when you can't even change your situation if you wanted to. Your E190 rates are low. Admit it. That set the bar. We tried to negotiate a rate above that (AWA did), and that is the best we can do under the circumstances with a judge.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General
Perhaps the JB 190 rates would not have been so low had Big D and the other Majors not farmed out all of the "little" airplane flying to the lowest bidder.
Did you get to vote on that too?

General Lee said:
Hey, we set the bar for Fedex and Southwest to get better wages. We did our part. Then 9-11 hit and our company fell apart, and that wasn't our fault. I guess we allowed the $12 billion in losses since 9-11. Your management set the new benchmark for 100 seaters, and you couldn't do squat about it. Is that your fault? Well, you and the rest of us have to live with it now. Your Bavarian Friend liked to put in my face that he could see a TA coming at us---and I responded atleast we could vote on it. Sad but true. You will have to live with whatever your company gives you. Don't be throwing things out there when you can't even change your situation if you wanted to. Your E190 rates are low. Admit it. That set the bar. We tried to negotiate a rate above that (AWA did), and that is the best we can do under the circumstances with a judge.

Bye Bye--General Lee

da90drivr said:
General
Perhaps the JB 190 rates would not have been so low had Big D and the other Majors not farmed out all of the "little" airplane flying to the lowest bidder.

So you consider the E190 a "little" airplane?

da90drivr said:
General

I was hired after the '96 contract, just barely. You live and learn, and then you stop giving in. JB forced that E190 rate on you, because you have no vote. Could they give you a pay cut if things continue to slide for you guys? Yes, yes they could. We will vote to stop our slide, which has been considerable. And, I don't consider the E190 little.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I could have sworn that it was Republic Airways who set the Embraer 170 pay at $56 an hour.
I'll be the first to admit our pay is nothing great, but lets look at the entire picture. The TOP of Jetblues 12 year 190 payscale is $89. So at 12 years, that is four dollars more than I would earn to fly my 170, $9 more than our 145 captains, who fly an aircraft with half the seats of a 190, and over $3 LESS than what one of our 190 captains would make. So when pay negotiations come around for our new contract you don't think our company will refer to JB's rates?

General Lee said:

Bye Bye--General Lee

Hey, General -- I leave to serve my country today, and when I get back, I see you've been a busy little Southerner. But I cannot understand what e190 pay rates have to do with Teets and A$$! Listen bubba, if you don't get awestruck when a little TA is thrown your way, then you have got some problems.

General Lee said:
I was hired after the '96 contract, just barely. You live and learn, and then you stop giving in. JB forced that E190 rate on you, because you have no vote. Could they give you a pay cut if things continue to slide for you guys? Yes, yes they could. We will vote to stop our slide, which has been considerable. And, I don't consider the E190 little.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Forced what rate on me or any other jb pilot? What was forced? I don't even fly the e190.

Latest resources

Back