MDA Arbitration update???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
fly5boy7 said:
So, many of us have put in 3-5 years as a regional jet FO and are currently working on our 5th-7th year before upgrading- at a regional.

-DK

Thank you for speaking for the folks who know when to not say anything.

BP youre right we should stop complaing about what happened, but how or what do you say to our Shuttle America pilots who've been with the company since it was a mom and pop airline from connecticut you're gonna lose senority, house and home if you dont sign a 2 year contract, hey its the brakes. Whoa thats harsh no matter how gingerly you say it. But again it is what it is..... BULLTIHS!

This is not a jab at BP or ANYONE ELSE for that matter cause this industry is too small to draw lines in the sand but its gotta be said .

Hopefully this industry will have real leadership and not cheapskate MBA's screwing us over to save a few bucks.

why are all the new saab 170 guys so worried about the stupid contract. Look at the history of people who have split before the 2 years is up, you wont find anyone who has paid Republic Holding a single penny.

Get the 170 training and leave, but none of them will leave, cause if they were progressive pilots they wouldnt have been at shuttle flyin a saab in the first place.

we want you to leave. then i will gain back one of the 90 or so spots that was stolen away from me.

I have noticed here that many talk too much about every thing and for everything.

Unfortunately, things just did not work out for the best interest of the whole group. It is as they say, as one of our line Captains on the SF340 said, we pay the Teamsters to represent and fight for us to the fullest extent possible without any hesitation whatsoever. The question was/should be/is, did the Locals Teamsters do what they were expected to do? --To protect the interest of the members.

In your case, Yes. In our case, No!

Now that the arbitration is over. What do we do now as a whole new group family of step sisters/brothers?--Are we not suppose to take care of our own group as a whole.

I have many dissappointments with the whole process and the outcome. It is but natural and should be expected. But, we should always remain professional to others and to our position.

My only displease now is why did the 3 Local 747 EC members Not fight, or even "ask" for our longevity, pay protection, and seat protection during the meeting? . . . .We all know the positive response from the upper IBT747 leadership and management on this.

Now that the Original Shuttle America pilots are back to 16 months and less in longevity, pay, and more, they have every right to be upset with your locals.

Majority, if not all, of the Original Shuttle America folks have really "No" distaste for the line crews of CHQ and the new folks who came on board to Shuttle America, except of course if you open too much of your mouth about it. Like many of us, we have a lot of friends on the CHQ side as well.

Would you not feel the same animosity and displeasure towards those same 3 folks who did not sought for your best interest now that we are supposed to be family? How hard is it to fight and ask for the interest of the teamster members?

In any case, if you think that we CHQ/S5/MDA folks need to vent. Please let them be! . . Later on, it will be water under the bridge and we all will move on.

For "Black Pilot", . . . I and the rest of the Original Shuttle America Crew welcome you on board! . . . . Just keep it down a bit, you just talk to much! You remind me of my FO, who I have to raise my voice at, who does nothing but complain.

Take care buddy!

I thought Skull 1 was flying a Legacy for some corporation out west...

Don't raise your voice to the F/O. You're not his father.

(notice I didn't say "your" F/O -- you don't own him either)

Skull1 said:
For "Black Pilot", . . . I and the rest of the Original Shuttle America Crew welcome you on board! . . . . Just keep it down a bit, you just talk to much! You remind me of my FO, who I have to raise my voice at, who does nothing but complain.

What gives you the right to speak your mind but, I can't speak mine. Now that doesn't sound like the American way. I'm the one here that is not complaining. I want the complaining to stop. I guess you didn't read the thread in it's entirety.
If you want to continue to vent, then do so. You definitely have the right to vent. But, don't expect to vent and not get a reaction from others that are tired of hearing it. We know what happened, we are part of this intergration as well. Your not saying anything that I haven't heard or that I haven't said before.
I say the same thing to bitter Capts and FAs. I listen to there concerns but, I don't like the drama. It's over now, We must try and move on.

BlackPilot628 said:
If you want to continue to vent, then do so....(but) don't expect to vent and not get a reaction from others that are tired of hearing it.

Oh, so tired you must be having to listen to this venting... Having joined this happy gang in this very calendar year!!!

You play the "welcome aboard, gang" game very well... yet you also play the "shut the **** up, we don't care what you have to say" game just as well. This, from the same person who spent months telling all who would listen "I don't work for Shuttle America, I am a CHAUTAUQUA pilot because that's who I interviewed with!!!"

Don't expect any "Middle Shuttle" or "Old Shuttle" pilot to think you are "one of them", as you have adequately demonstrated thus far that you think you, as a new-hire, are superior to them. Remember, you are too good to be a Shuttle America Pilot!

Good luck, bro. Even if those SA Saab-drivers are relegated to FO status.... They are still all senior to YOU... Even if you don't think they are worthy of such a position. I'm sure they would be more than happy to tell you what they think of your attitude... Which is, basically, that you can go EFF yourself with your self-important, "you all can stuff it 'cuz we don't want to hear it" attitude.

Don't have the nuts to tell the present SA people to stop their whining if your own attitude can't support such a condemnation.... Which it can't. I believe there's about 89 people on the present CHQ seniority list who firmly believe that you can stuff your attitude straight up your keister, no matter how how "fair" you think you are being in dealing with them. Every one of those people, no matter how junior, has more time dealing with Wexford and RAH than you do. I know you're too good to be an SA pilot because you interviewed under the aegis of another brand, but those people have more time "in country" than you do, no matter what the "we at 747 will pay you under the table" arbitrator decided.

Enjoy those 80+ people crawling up your colon. That tickling sensation you feel is them stealing your well-deserved upgrade.

I.P. Freley said:
You play the "welcome aboard, gang" game very well... yet you also play the "shut the **** up, we don't care what you have to say" game just as well. .

Sounds like BP would be great management material.

Latest resources

Back