• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MDA Arbitration update???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am aware that the arbitrator’s decision cannot be appealed. I agree with you that even if it could be appealed, I am not sure how much different the results would be.

Part of my problem with all this is the information that we were told by our MEC turned out to be wrong. I do not know if they were lied to or were just blowing smoke up our a$$es. I was under the impression that the arbitrator hears both sides and then comes up with a decision somewhere in the middle. That was what I was told a few times. If I knew it was one way or the other I would have suggested we change our offer.

I do not know what I would consider “fair and equitable”. I do not think anything about this is fair OR equitable to any SAAB pilot. Even the most junior Shuttle pilot lost a couple of months. I guess date of hire certainly would have been the easiest way.

8HourPilot said:
I'm sure it did to some, bigger picture pal.

I am fully aware of the bigger picture, "PAL" It still does not justify what happened to the Pilots at " OLD SHUTTLE" Can you say "BACKSTABBING", "UNDERHANDED" !!!!!!!

BlackPilot628 said:
It matters to some.

If it's such a big deal to you. Go somewhere else. It's that simple.
Quit b!chn

BLACKIE!!!!!

I see we meet again! Continuing to spread your holiday cheer I See.. You still seem to have your foot in your mouth and head up your A$$.... My suggestion is to take some peptobismal that might help the diarrhea that pours out your mouth...

Don't go down this road ROOKIE!! I have been at this company a little longer than you have. I know things that you don't. I have every right to, as you spelled it, "B!ch". Keep this in mind as well, We're comin'...Keep your mouth shut Blackie, it might get you into trouble!!!!

P.S. I am not going anywhere Rookie. I hope to look you in the eye someday!!!

Slapshot-

I was only showing how the CHQ FOs did not get a bad deal.

I said before all this started that you don't want it going to arbitration. You never know what might happen. I also think that 747 had an advantage because they were gonna be the surviving representation. I'm sure 264 didn't want to fork out alot of money if they knew they would never see any money from these guys in the future.

I think you are absolutely right about our representation not really caring about the outcome. I am sure that was a BIG reason we got what we did. However I expected the Teamsters to step in before it went to arbitration because they would not want one local screwing over another local. Shows you what I know.

Airline Driver said:
BLACKIE!!!!!

I see we meet again! Continuing to spread your holiday cheer I See.. You still seem to have your foot in your mouth and head up your A$$.... My suggestion is to take some peptobismal that might help the diarrhea that pours out your mouth...

Don't go down this road ROOKIE!! I have been at this company a little longer than you have. I know things that you don't. I have every right to, as you spelled it, "B!ch". Keep this in mind as well, We're comin'...Keep your mouth shut Blackie, it might get you into trouble!!!!

P.S. I am not going anywhere Rookie. I hope to look you in the eye someday!!!

I will stick by the quote in which you responded too. I'm glad you've been at this company longer than I have and I hope that makes you feel better about yourself. I welcome the day to meet you face to face, I'm no coward. I'm sure you won't have a hard time finding any "blackie's" out there. Rookie? That's funny. You're talking to someone that has been laid-off twice by 2 different companies and is now flying for his 4 th company in 2 years. Spare me the bullsh!t. I for one sold my first house and moved in with my in-laws. Once again, spare me the bullsh!t. I may not have that experience of the UsAir guys, but i'm no Rookie. BTW, Did you have to sell your house? I honestly feel your anger and I know where you're coming from. Most all the FO's at CHQ have been liad-off from some company. Most ACA/IDE and some Windy City.

As for a lot of folks were against you receiving your longevity pay, I for one was a supporter of you keeping your pay.
You want to talk about spreading cheer, I will do that. Be thankful for what you have today as you could be in a lot worse situation. Being mad and angery will do nothing to help your cause, it will just make it worse. Be thankful for what you do have.

I had a chance to spend some time with a few of the Orginal Shuttle pilots in YUL this past week. Super nice and intelligent guys/girls. I look foward to working with them. We had a blast! They for sure don't have your crappy attitude. God Bless and have a great Thanksgiving!

Last edited:
Maybe I should reread the whole thread. Did BP show joy in someone elese's misfortune? It seems to me that he has the attitude necessary to survive this business.

Of course I like to think I present the same non-chalant acceptance of being "wronged" by this job, but inside I know better..........

BlackPilot628 said:
I will stick by the quote in which you responded too. I'm glad you've been at this company longer than I have and I hope that makes you feel better about yourself. I welcome the day to meet you face to face, I'm no coward. I'm sure you won't have a hard time finding any "blackie's" out there. Rookie? That's funny. You're talking to someone that has been laid-off twice by 2 different companies and is now flying for his 4 th company in 2 years. Spare me the bullsh!t. I for one sold my first house and moved in with my in-laws. Once again, spare me the bullsh!t. I may not have that experience of the UsAir guys, but i'm no Rookie. BTW, Did you have to sell your house? I honestly feel your anger and I know where you're coming from. Most all the FO's at CHQ have been liad-off from some company. Most ACA/IDE and some Windy City.

As for a lot of folks were against you receiving your longevity pay, I for one was a supporter of you keeping your pay.

You want to talk about spreading cheer, I will do that. Be thankful for what you have today as you could be in a lot worse situation. Being mad and angery will do nothing to help your cause, it will just make it worse. Be thankful for what you do have.

I had a chance to spend some time with a few of the Orginal Shuttle pilots in YUL this past week. Super nice and intelligent guys/girls. I look foward to working with them. We had a blast! They for sure don't have your crappy attitude. God Bless and have a great Thanksgiving!

Blackie,

I am happy to here your points of view. I am sorry to here you have been furloughed from 2 airlines in the past 2 years. I myself came here after being laid off from a previous company and then another closed down. Never would I wish that on any pilot!! My point is that you tend to say things inappropriately on allot of these links which aggravates allot of people. As far as feeding you a line of !@#$%^... I speak the truth and I am a man on my word. Don't tell me to leave my company and stop complaining when you don't have a clue on what We have gone through. Your just going on what you have heard from 747 and the MEC and hear say. I am going on facts and experiences... Big difference

Yes these are just words on a message board, however it is also a way to hide behind your true feelings and I question your words most of the time. 9 times out of 10 your bashing someone or a group of people.The Majority of us at "OLD SHUTTLE" are very optimistic and happy go-lucky. Myself included, Believe it or not!!! We have a kind of family bond that does not come this way very often. The people you met up in Canada are great people. If you liked them then you should like us all. I have also meet allot of CHQ and New Shuttle people as well and I have had nothing but good experiences..

To see you face to face is not to pick a fight, just to see the face behind the words. Who knows we may have already met.. We may even have a good laugh over our little battles... I just hope that In the future you choose your words more carefully... I have no intention on leaving this company anytime soon. I have read some of your past postings and you have said you look forward to working with the pilots of Old shuttle. Then you say things that question my belief in your words.

There is going to be animosity between the 2 sides for a while but things will cool of once we all settle in to the new routine. I just hope your not going to pour salt on the wounds or add fuel to the fire . You certainly seem to do that quite often on these message boards. Every company has a few "BAD APPLES". I am not one of them at Old Shuttle & I certainly hope your not at New shuttle.. As far as my "bad attitude" is concerned I am just defending my position. Your the one who seems to need a little attitude adjustment.

Good luck to you in The Republic family. Many happy landings, God Bless and good health during the Holidays!!

Last edited:
BlackPilot628 said:

Blackie,

I am happy to here your points of view. I am sorry to here you have been furloughed from 2 airlines in the past 2 years. I myself came here after being laid off from a previous company and then another closed down. Never would I wish that on any pilot!! My point is that you tend to say things inappropriately on allot of these links which aggravates allot of people. As far as feeding you a line of !@#$%^... I speak the truth and I am a man on my word. Don't tell me to leave my company and stop complaining when you don't have a clue on what We have gone through. Your just going on what you have heard from 747 and the MEC and hear say. I am going on facts and experiences... Big difference

Yes these are just words on a message board, however it is also a way to hide behind your true feelings and I question your words most of the time. 9 times out of 10 your bashing someone or a group of people.The Majority of us at "OLD SHUTTLE" are very optimistic and happy go-lucky. Myself included, Believe it or not!!! We have a kind of family bond that does not come this way very often. The people you met up in Canada are great people. If you liked them then you should like us all. I have also meet allot of CHQ and New Shuttle people as well and I have had nothing but good experiences..

To see you face to face is not to pick a fight, just to see the face behind the words. Who knows we may have already met.. We may even have a good laugh over our little battles... I just hope that In the future you choose your words more carefully... I have no intention on leaving this company anytime soon. I have read some of your past postings and you have said you look forward to working with the pilots of Old shuttle. Then you say things that question my belief in your words.

There is going to be animosity between the 2 sides for a while but things will cool of once we all settle in to the new routine. I just hope your not going to pour salt on the wounds or add fuel to the fire . You certainly seem to do that quite often on these message boards. Every company has a few "BAD APPLES". I am not one of them at Old Shuttle & I certainly hope your not at New shuttle..

Good luck to you in The Republic family. Many happy landings and happy holidays right back at you!!!

Airline Driver,

I think you are just extra sensitive and you interpret terminology in a way on this message board that you probably shouldn't. I try not to read things on this message board and become offended by them, because I can't hear the expression of the words. I have gone back and looked at my last few posted and haven't seen once where I based anyone. Accept yesterday when PCL_128 (a PFT) called CHQ bottom feeders when he's a PFT from GFT.
Anyhow, Not my intentions to bash any companies, be cause I don't like people bashing on ours. I don't need to hide behind these words, I will speak what I feel no matter the subject may be.
BTW- This has nothing to do with what I heard from my union. I was just tried of the pissing matches on ALL message boards.

This is a message board. A lot of folks get on here to start sh!t. I know a few of them personally. Don't take it to heart.

As far as saying "stop b!tchin" That was not a directed to any one pilot group. When you start paying dues and have access to the IBT747 page I welcome you to look at the post in which I wrote. I said the same thing on that post too, " stop b!tchin". It doesn't matter weather you were original CHQ or S5. Some of us are just tried of hearing about it, most of us are. We just want to move on with things. The more we dwell on this arbitration, the more animosity will stay instilled with-in the pilot groups. We don't need that.
As management sits back and laughs at us make fools of ourselves.

I'm glad we've come to some understanding that we've been in the same boat. We both know what it's like being " let go" as I call it. I'm not a bad apple here and I haven't met any original shuttle guys/girls that are either.
Although, there are some in every bunch. See ya on-line and thanks for the Good Luck.

Latest resources

Back