• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MD-11 FO new hires at UPS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
First...ANC?....c'mon guys...it's Alaska!! Yeah the summers are nice but what about the winters?? Any place where you have to have an engine block heater and plug your car in when you go into a restaurant so it doesn't freeze solid....and no women......can't be a good deal.

Second, yes new hires are going to the MD-11. A heavy pilot with international experience will have no problem. It's not that hard of a jet to fly.

They are also hiring management pilots right off the street into the LEFT seat (No prior MD-11 experience). Then making a check airman out of them in a few months.

How would you like to be a captain getting a checkride from a dude that has only been with your company 6 months....let alone a MD-11 pilot and part -121 captain for only 6 months? Those are the guys I'd be afraid of not the experienced guy who goes to the right seat.

What does it take to get on with UPS? Mins, knowing someone etc... give me your best explanation so I can start planning on a future with them- if possible!

Thanks
P2J

Latest resources

Back