MCO crashpads

SWAPoolie

Total Time
Does anyone have any information on crash pads in MCO. I'm new to commuting and can't find a pad there.

Any leads would be appreciated.

SWAPoolie

Total Time
I did. No luck. They mentioned hotels but that'll get pretty expensive on reserve.

Thanks though.

chase

Total Time
SWAPoolie,

Sent you the PM with info on www.mcopilotbase.com only 3 sites there for crashpads...I've heard the pickings are rather slim there, I've heard there were some decent hotel prices but they add up fast I know....property is so hot in FL now, buying a place for a crashpad may not pay for some folks, unlike MDW & BWI...hope things work out though,

firstthird

Total Time
Usually reserve goes senior, so unless you want and bid it, you should be alright. Other thing is to put your reserve preference as fly, that way company pays for the hotels while you are on the road. Of course, if they give you turns, doesn't work so well. I think I ended up with 3 or 4 hotel nights the one month I had reserve, and those were mostly the night before my reserve block started.

Deli Guy

Total Time
googol
Hey Guys,

I have a 3bed 2 bath vacation villa in Kissimmee that is vacant until 1 Jan. If you could get some guys together we could work out something. I hadn't thought of making it a crash pad, but there are some Song flight attendants in one of the units so why not? You can look at the web sight at VRBO.COM and it is listing number 52571. Even if you are not interested what do you think of the concept?

J3CubCapt

Total Time
I was just at the Marriot Courtyard. They stated that they wanted all of the crewmembers they can get, when they are not booked, so they are offering $25.00 per night but book early.

Really nice place, just off of the airport. Shuttle, free coffee and cookies, ironing board and iron. nice rooms.

Hope it helps!

J3

shootr

Total Time
10+
When did Courtyard tell you 25 bones? I've always been charged 50. Guess I'll ask 'em this Friday, when I check in.

shootr

SWAPoolie

Total Time
J3CubCapt said:
I was just at the Marriot Courtyard. They stated that they wanted all of the crewmembers they can get, when they are not booked, so they are offering $25.00 per night but book early.

Really nice place, just off of the airport. Shuttle, free coffee and cookies, ironing board and iron. nice rooms.

Hope it helps!

J3
Is this the Marriot Courtyard you are talking about?

7155 North Frontage Road
Orlando, FL 32812

(407) 240-7200

Website says $159

Last edited:

J3CubCapt

Total Time
Yep, across the street from the Airport Marriot. There was a FA checking in at the same time, she got that rate too. I have never stayed there before, but both people behind the desk told me to spread the word...

J3

SWAPoolie

Total Time
J3CubCapt said:
Yep, across the street from the Airport Marriot. There was a FA checking in at the same time, she got that rate too. I have never stayed there before, but both people behind the desk told me to spread the word...

J3
Great!! At least there is something under a $100. I can't wait until BWI opens up. I don't know how you guys can stand this commuting thing for more than a few months.

HalinTexas

昇る太陽の土&#
Total Time
10000+
I don't know how you guys can stand this commuting thing for more than a few months.
Been doing it for 12 years. Can't imagine that changing anytime soon, except to a non-flying job should/when ATA closes it's doors.

SWAPoolie

Total Time
J3CubCapt said:

J3
I called and they said $45. Not bad but your lucky with the $25 deal.