• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

McCain Hates Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think and hope it's Obama vs. Gulianni. Two completely new people instead of Clinton or McCain. Scary thing is I think it will be one of those 4...so pick your poison. There might be way better candidates but I doubt they will have the recognition these 4 have. I would rather have Obama any day over Hillary...or Gulianni over McCain.

I feel exactly the same. I would lean toward Obama. Some fresh blood would be nice. Too many Bushs and Clintons.

I like John McCain--except for this issue. I think John Kerry and Obama and Hillary could all care less about me either, however. I'm looking for a strong foreign policy president that doesn't hate unions or collective bargaining, and might just think twice before opening the doors to 100% free trade without considering some of the ramifications for American workers.

Good post, however I would suggest that this might not be the only issue on which McCain is a bit nuts. His clear hatred of airline pilots is not rational, so it's entirely likely he has other unhealthy attitudes about other segments of the population.

At any rate, I don't want to wait until he's President to find out.

I don't want to turn this into another Democrats vs. Republicans thread, but I don't really know yet what to think about Hillary or Obama. Hillary isn't Bill, despite how the jokes go. On the Republican side, I am more curious about Mitt Romney than the others.

At any rate, we need someone solid, level-headed and truly bipartisan next time. Then, all the other stuff like foreign policy, labor practices and so forth should naturally fall in line.

C

I can't get past Hillary's voice. Ten seconds of her speaking and I'm reminded of a drill bit that's just hit a nail.

Mythbusters:

1. McCain does not "hate" airline pilots. He simply does not respect us, our profession, or our efforts to collectively bargain.

2. Clinton intervened in the APA "strike" because the APA leadership asked him to. Their contact was Bruce Lindsay, White House legal counsel (same guy who flew out to MSP and settled the NWA strike). I'm not sure why they asked Clinton to intervene, but they did.

Mythbusters:

1. McCain does not "hate" airline pilots. He simply does not respect us, our profession, or our efforts to collectively bargain.

2. Clinton intervened in the APA "strike" because the APA leadership asked him to. Their contact was Bruce Lindsay, White House legal counsel (same guy who flew out to MSP and settled the NWA strike). I'm not sure why they asked Clinton to intervene, but they did.

The "hate" thing was a sales tactic. I understand the likelihood that he hardly gives us a thought -- but when he does it's invariably bad for airline pilots. I am not pushing any election agenda other than "Not McCain in '08".

I just want as many folks as possible to see this information and make their own decision (and McCain makes that decision pretty easy in my opinion).

PIPE

Mythbusters:

Although, Occam, on second thought it might be hate. From everything I've read, and anecdotes I've heard, I think it may be an emotionally based thing for McCain. I don't think it's all policy.

PIPE

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back