• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

McCain Hates Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I thought the AA strike was perfect - the pilots got to show their solidarity, and yet didn't lose any income. Sounds like a good deal to me.....

A friend told me a story about a time he flew MCCain that sums up his position on pilots. My friend asked if MCCain would like him to take his bag to the A/c for him and his response was "no pilot should ever have to carry another mans bag."

I would have to respectfully agree with "Pipe".

I think McCain's attitude towards pilots is emotionally based, but not for the reasons posted on this thread so far.

Politicians only fear one thing - Someone (or some entity) with a voice. In America, it takes money to have a voice. Pilots who make big $$$, and who are organized nationally have a voice and can make national news with that voice (very similar to AOPA with over 400,00 members).

If your an incumbent, and/or running for re-election, the last thing you want is someone with a voice expressing ideas counter to your own.

McCain hates airline pilots because we represent "Big Labor" and the Republican Party represents "Big Business" (and anybody who thinks this isn't true needs to get his head examined).

Personally, I don't trust anyone named Clinton, don't know much about Obama, except I will believe an African-American can get elected President when I see it. For me it's Rudy!

As for McCain, I am glad he served, sorry he was a POW, hope he stays a US Senator and pray he doesn't make it to the White House.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Champ42272

A friend told me a story about a time he flew MCCain that sums up his position on pilots. My friend asked if MCCain would like him to take his bag to the A/c for him and his response was "no pilot should ever have to carry another mans bag."
*cough* BULLSH*T!!!

I flew McCain. Not a coworker. Not a buddy. Me.

And I'm here to tell you he had us tote his bags just like any other charter passenger.

What a crock of sh*t... :rolleyes:

I had a LHR layover an dmet his son a couple of years ago. He said he was on better terms with him than in the past. I asked him why his dad had such a ha rd on for pilots. He really didn't know. I suspect his boy didn't make the Navy a carrer and broke the chain of Admirals in the family. JMO.

Unit

Politicians only fear one thing - Someone (or some entity) with a voice. In America, it takes money to have a voice. Pilots who make big $$$, and who are organized nationally have a voice and can make national news with that voice (very similar to AOPA with over 400,00 members).

If your an incumbent, and/or running for re-election, the last thing you want is someone with a voice expressing ideas counter to your own.

McCain hates airline pilots because we represent "Big Labor" and the Republican Party represents "Big Business" (and anybody who thinks this isn't true needs to get his head examined).

That is correct.. the only way to have our voice is by giving money to our representation. Dues cannot be used... we must contribute voluntarily to our PACs. ALPA and CAPA have PACs so that we have a voice on CapHill.

I like John McCain--except for this issue. I think John Kerry and Obama and Hillary could all care less about me either, however. I'm looking for a strong foreign policy president that doesn't hate unions or collective bargaining, and might just think twice before opening the doors to 100% free trade without considering some of the ramifications for American workers.

Anybody got a name? I'm still searching...

One shot one kill isn't really the way to get things done. While the sitting president is important, many of the successes Air Line Pilot have had come from CapHill. For example the recent win over Foreign Control.

The only way to ensure pilots get the politicians that support us is money. Lots of green. This is done via PAC contributions. You can remove the duct tape over your mouth and protect and promote your career by contributing to your PAC...

Anyone read the WSJ today?

Interesting article on how McCain is facing a LOT more opposition than he planned on due to the troubles Bush is having with the unpopularity of the war in Iraq.

As a result, Mayor G. in New York is getting a big gain in the polls and is suddenly a much bigger opponent than the McCain team thought they would initially be.

Interesting read...

Well said Hamburger...

BTW, FDR was a Democrat

I mentioned TEDDY (Soldier, Conservationist, Republican)... Not Franklin...

Still waiting to hear from soldiers that think that not even being able to produce any record of your time spent stateside during wartime is a quality you look for in a leader.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back