• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MaxBlast feeling the LUV!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok Ty, we agree to disagree, but like it or not, it was SWA narrow body pay rates that set the bar during the post 9/11 period and great recession...

Ok Ty, we agree to disagree, but like it or not, it was SWA narrow body pay rates that set the bar during the post 9/11 period and great recession...

Let's continue with your 'setting the bar' analogy. - The earth collapsed under the magic bar. The bar wasn't raised, everything else sunk below it. I don't think that takes anything away from rates that are the envy of many, many airlines.

Let's continue with your 'setting the bar' analogy. - The earth collapsed under the magic bar. The bar wasn't raised, everything else sunk below it. I don't think that takes anything away from rates that are the envy of many, many airlines.

The fact is that they sunk and ours raised significantly during the same period.

For a good amount of the time they weren't even close to each other. None of us liked seeing what was happening to the other carriers pilot salaries.

Ty your spirited defense of an airline that was purchased and will soon cease to exist is serving what purpose? We all work for SWA airlines, time to give up the AAI Koolaid and get on the SWA horse...

Airtran/VJ furloughed when they were shutdown, again in roughly 98/99, and again in 08.

And for all the Airtran guys that try to justify how great things were here pre-merger and talk of how we voted down $186/hr.........C"MON, MAN. You make yourselves look silly.

Yes, we did have a TA put in front of us that TOPPED OUT at $186/hr. The scale was very "steep" and that money was only at the very very top. FO pay was still extremely poor. Nearly everything else in that TA was poor. It was soundly voted down.

It is sad that we were still on 2001 pay rates in 2010 but those are the facts. Speaks volumes about the will of this pilot group.

Let's continue with your 'setting the bar' analogy. - The earth collapsed under the magic bar. The bar wasn't raised, everything else sunk below it.
The most salient point IS the fact that everyone else sunk. SWA has not needed a trip through bankruptcy to lower it's cost structure. SWA has not raped collective bargaining agreements in BK court. SWA has remained profitable through ALL of the most daunting times that caused most others to shrink and furlough. Your wagon has been hitched to a very profitable company that has weathered many storms and remained profitable for 40 years. I agree that nothing lasts forever but SWA has worked out a formula that has so far stood the test of time. It is by far the strongest reason I ended up here, I was looking for the job with good wages and work rules that was financially stable offering me my best chance at not ending up furloughed or unemployed.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back