• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Matthew Berson Salary $33,750

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How does an infantry corporal make 49K? They must include all benefits.

Ohh man this guy must be a Capt! he is making some cash. Another blow to our career has been achieved when an AIRLINE PILOT responsible for lives makes the same wage as a shoe shiner and the "dead animal operator". FYI TSA agents at year 4 make 31K without overtime and not including benefits. Average longevity for an FO in the "new" airline world of E190s, I would venture to say is about 3 years. (Who looks like the uneducated one?)

Matthew Berson - Regional Airline Pilot - Salary $33,750
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/metro/salaries/

Looks like he is making $33,750 more than you.

It's a shame how I am the only one who at least voices ideas on how to correct the situation. All the rest of you can do is throw blame around. News flash, we are all to blame. From the top down. Now lets fix it.

Because your the one living in a fantasy world.

Yes, lets MAKE them pay more. Anyone tell you they (the airlines) are going broke?

It's a business and your a service provider. Your services are not in high demand now or in the forseeable future. Get a grip.

It's a shame how I am the only one who at least voices ideas on how to correct the situation. All the rest of you can do is throw blame around. News flash, we are all to blame. From the top down. Now lets fix it.

Supply and demand. Simple.

Right now pilots are a dime-a-dozen, jobs are not. Pressure on wages is downward. As pilots become scarce and job opening become excessive, pressure on wages is upwards. Follow.

The way around this for employers is to lower the hiring minimums. Which in turn opens the supply doors for more pilots to flow through. By raising the hiring minimums an employer can artificially close the supply door WITHOUT increasing pay. There is still an excessive number of pilot, but less will qualify to even be hired. So employer can control what they pay.

When we have a REAL shortage of pilots, that is, lower hiring minimums and no available pilot to fill those seats THEN employers will pay more to attract pilots to work for them.

So if you really want to solve the problem you might need to eliminate a few thousand pilots now or...

Age 65 will happen in late 2012 (if the world still exist 12/21/2012) through 2013. Without student pilot and commercial pilot applicants the bottom will dry up and a REAL shortage should follow. Right now foreign carriers are hiring U.S. pilots because they are short on pilots within their own country so most likely we won't see U.S. carriers hiring foreign pilots to fly our planes. Again continuing the REAL shortage here. Wages will have to go up, maybe not 1960-70's level, but upward.

Feel better?

eP.

Last edited:
Supply and demand. Simple.

Right now pilots are a dime-a-dozen, jobs are not. Pressure on wages is downward. As pilots become scarce and job opening become excessive, pressure on wages is upwards. Follow.

The way around this for employers is to lower the hiring minimums. Which in turn opens the supply doors for more pilots to flow through. By raising the hiring minimums an employer can artificially close the supply door WITHOUT increasing pay. There is still an excessive number of pilot, but less will qualify to even be hired. So employer can control what they pay.

When we have a REAL shortage of pilots, that is, lower hiring minimums and no available pilot to fill those seats THEN employers will pay more to attract pilots to work for them.

So if you really want to solve the problem you might need to eliminate a few thousand pilots now or...

Age 65 will happen in late 2012 (if the world still exist 12/21/2012) through 2013. Without student pilot and commercial pilot applicants the bottom will dry up and a REAL shortage should follow. Right now foreign carriers are hiring U.S. pilots because they are short on pilots within their own country so most likely we won't see U.S. carriers hiring foreign pilots to fly our planes. Again continuing the REAL shortage here. Wages will have to go up, maybe not 1960-70's level, but upward.

Feel better?

eP.

I've been telling people that for years but pilots, especially forum-happy pilots, tend to blow off any positive thought and continue to hold within and spread a colossal amount of negativity.

When the time comes they will see that all that stressing and doom and glooming was for absolutely nothing. Glad I don't live life that way. Positive thinking, it takes you a long way in life.

Because your the one living in a fantasy world.

Yes, lets MAKE them pay more. Anyone tell you they (the airlines) are going broke?

It's a business and your a service provider. Your services are not in high demand now or in the forseeable future. Get a grip.

Yeah yeah, so it is our problem that the management teams in this industry can't figure out how to earn a profit. So you take the problem on your shoulders and work for less. Another news flash, we are labor and provide a service that doesn't automatically become less valuable because the pig sh*t that fills the offices of management can't figure out how to earn a profit. When every one keeps trying to undercut the next, the fares will remain low. Consider hypothetically of course, if every airline charged the same exact fare for the same city pairings. You will find that without a lower cost competitor to go to, people will pay quite a bit more to travel when they have no choice. But you will always have the bottom feeder cut fares to gain market share.

When you have an industry that is paying its pilot labor the horrifically low wages that are out there today, then it is hight time to make some radical changes that will allow for fares which will allow the pilot labor force to earn appropriate wages. Do you know a receptionist in NYC earns about $20 an hour, and that for a 40 hour week. What do half of the regional airline pilots
working out of NYC earn for a 35 to 40 hour duty week? Certainly not what the receptionist is getting. So spare me the tiring "supply and demand" non sense. That goes for goods and services, not human resources. I am sure their are a huge number of people who would love a receptionists job at $20 an hour, huge supply, little demand, but it doesnt seem to keep their wages down. Same with these screen actors. Every waiter, waitress etc in LA is a actor, actress, tv personality wannabe. Gobs of supply with very little demand, and once again, their wages certainly are not down.

You want to talk about getting a grip? When a pilot group walks off the job in the name of self help, then the sludge in management will be forced to get a grip for the first time since 2001. Who will that pilot group be? I sure wish I could have the honor!

Yeah yeah, so it is our problem that the management teams in this industry can't figure out how to earn a profit. So you take the problem on your shoulders and work for less. Another news flash, we are labor and provide a service that doesn't automatically become less valuable because the pig sh*t that fills the offices of management can't figure out how to earn a profit. When every one keeps trying to undercut the next, the fares will remain low. Consider hypothetically of course, if every airline charged the same exact fare for the same city pairings. You will find that without a lower cost competitor to go to, people will pay quite a bit more to travel when they have no choice. But you will always have the bottom feeder cut fares to gain market share.

When you have an industry that is paying its pilot labor the horrifically low wages that are out there today, then it is hight time to make some radical changes that will allow for fares which will allow the pilot labor force to earn appropriate wages. Do you know a receptionist in NYC earns about $20 an hour, and that for a 40 hour week. What do half of the regional airline pilots working out of NYC earn for a 35 to 40 hour duty week? Certainly not what the receptionist is getting. So spare me the tiring "supply and demand" non sense. That goes for goods and services, not human resources. I am sure their are a huge number of people who would love a receptionists job at $20 an hour, huge supply, little demand, but it doesnt seem to keep their wages down. Same with these screen actors. Every waiter, waitress etc in LA is a actor, actress, tv personality wannabe. Gobs of supply with very little demand, and once again, their wages certainly are not down.

You want to talk about getting a grip? When a pilot group walks off the job in the name of self help, then the sludge in management will be forced to get a grip for the first time since 2001. Who will that pilot group be? I sure wish I could have the honor!

^^See the problem is you don't qualify to be a receptionist.

Your whole post is based on your emotions, not facts. It seems as though you are the one spewing the non-sense.

Human resources are no different that any other resource. Energy = supply and demand. Food = supply and demand. Pilots = supply and demand.

Your examples lack so much. Do you know the difference between subjective and objective? Ever heard of ISO9000? C.P.A.? M.B.A.? A.T.P.? M.D.?

Speaking of M.D. or R.N., that is a career you might want to look into! There is already a HUGE shortage of both doctors and nurses and this is before "free health care" for all. The pay will skyrocket within this industry. Maybe you should try your luck there, their or they're...?

eP.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back