Marriott

semperfido

Keep Humpin
Joined
Dec 5, 2004
Posts
1,873
Total Time
11K+
call em and ask because i forgot the requirements and they aren't published anywhere i have found. it is a combo of nights stayed and points accumulated and time as a member. they are quite high though. they send you a letter and a new card with the expiration date removed. it gets you an extra cup of coffee in the lounge.:)


Oh i forgot to mention the 60" plasma tv they give you in appreciation (not)
 
Last edited:

h25b

Left for ProPilotWorld
Joined
Jan 5, 2002
Posts
1,829
Total Time
.....
If you've qualified you should consider finding another job...:D
 

semperfido

Keep Humpin
Joined
Dec 5, 2004
Posts
1,873
Total Time
11K+
h25b said:
If you've qualified you should consider finding another job...:D

it isn't difficult to achieve if your dept has a marriott only policy---- we will drive an hour and pass up many other viable options just to stay at a marriott. the pilots like it that way.they made the policy.:)
 

h25b

Left for ProPilotWorld
Joined
Jan 5, 2002
Posts
1,829
Total Time
.....
semperfido said:
it isn't difficult to achieve if your dept has a marriott only policy---- we will drive an hour and pass up many other viable options just to stay at a marriott. the pilots like it that way.they made the policy.:)

We do the same thing... As long as I can collect enough points for a weekend away for me and the wife every year, I'm happy...
 

AA717driver

A simpler time...
Joined
Mar 27, 2003
Posts
4,911
Total Time
+/-13k
Chocks said:
Hey, how do you get Platinum FOR LIFE?

In your current position, I think you'll make it! ;) :D

I just got bumped up to Platinum with only 58 nights this year. I guess they saw the 12 reservations that got put in the other day... :eek: TC
 

G4G5

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 20, 2002
Posts
1,800
Total Time
8500+
AA717driver said:
In your current position, I think you'll make it! ;) :D

I just got bumped up to Platinum with only 58 nights this year. I guess they saw the 12 reservations that got put in the other day... :eek: TC

I'd be platinum for life by now if I didn't take that little detour with AA.

It's a fair trade Platnum for life in exchange for my Arbitration award, not.....
 
Last edited:

G4G5

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 20, 2002
Posts
1,800
Total Time
8500+
Does any one know about the requirements of Gold for life? My boss was telling me he just got it. I think I may have that, with over a million points, I should be close.
 

Chocks

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 8, 2002
Posts
100
Total Time
5000 +
Thanks for the good info. I've been Platinum for the last couple years, and should hit 75 nights by the end of Septemenber. We stay Marriott as much as possible, and I like it that way.

I'm going through GV initial starting next week so there's another 22 nights....
 

Chocks

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 8, 2002
Posts
100
Total Time
5000 +
I'm looking forward to Thursday night "Ladies Night" at Cool River.

Not to mention the bikini contest (Get to be a judge) at the Big Apple on Monday nights.
 

cherokee

Registered User
Joined
Apr 16, 2002
Posts
204
Total Time
6000+
I'm have been more of a Hilton guy...is there a particular reason you guys prefer Mariott's? Seems like the Hilton program is easier to get free nights...or am I wrong? I would be very interested in finding out why some of you guys like the Mariott's better.
Thanks.
 

AA717driver

A simpler time...
Joined
Mar 27, 2003
Posts
4,911
Total Time
+/-13k
G4G5--Somehow I think Platinum for life might be worth just a little more than the Arbitration Award. ;)

The vacation we took to SDL this summer would have burned through the Award and then some! :D Guess $23M doesn't go as far as it used to.TC
 

PHX767

it's a dry heat
Joined
Dec 2, 2001
Posts
349
Total Time
3:45pm
Any intel on talking Marriott and other chains into making a guy a Platinum or titanium or whatever based on the much beloved Hilton Diamond status? A few guys at my last gig said something about that once, but I probably killed off those brain cells long ago. ;)

Yeah, and if I hadn't taken my side trip with AA, I'd be... I'd be... well... no, I guess I'd still be here with a toddy in my hand.

No, really I would probably be an underpaid legacy skipper - but with LOTS of Hilton points!
 

miles otoole

Well-known member
Joined
May 7, 2004
Posts
948
Total Time
10k+
PHX767 said:
Any intel on talking Marriott and other chains into making a guy a Platinum or titanium or whatever based on the much beloved Hilton Diamond status? A few guys at my last gig said something about that once, but I probably killed off those brain cells long ago. ;)

Yeah, and if I hadn't taken my side trip with AA, I'd be... I'd be... well... no, I guess I'd still be here with a toddy in my hand.

No, really I would probably be an underpaid legacy skipper - but with LOTS of Hilton points!

Possibly, it seems.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=445772&highlight=hilton+comp
 

PHX767

it's a dry heat
Joined
Dec 2, 2001
Posts
349
Total Time
3:45pm
Great info!

Thanks miles, that has all the answers!
 

AA717driver

A simpler time...
Joined
Mar 27, 2003
Posts
4,911
Total Time
+/-13k
Hey! No fair letting that Hilton rif-raff into OUR club! ;)

PHX--Looks like AA took a lot of us for a ride... :rolleyes: TC
 
Top