• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Markets hot for 50 seaters.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Funny how the corporate world that transport a few people per aircraft to their destination for a bout 5-7 thousand dollars is doing gang busters and the airline world which can transport you there for 300 hundred dollars is falling like a rock.

Yep this is a sure reason to keep voting republican. GO MCAIN GO lets lower taxes more on the rich so they can by bigger jets and the rest of us have to deal with a 9 trillion dollar debt.

Funny how the corporate world that transport a few people per aircraft to their destination for a bout 5-7 thousand dollars is doing gang busters and the airline world which can transport you there for 300 hundred dollars is falling like a rock.

I won't address the political side of your post...this first part is asinine enough.

Most bizjet operators are not private individuals, they are corporations. Corporations that do business, and provide jobs and tax revenue to support the economies of the cities they are based and do business in.

For my company, half the cities we fly to for active or future job sites don't have airline service. Those that do take 5-8 hours to get from our home airport to the destination airport, plus the time spent driving between home and the departure airport, and the arrival airport and the job site. That kind of makes conducting same-day business or multiple meetings in multiple cities impossible. Operating a business aircraft isn't cheap, but it buys the one thing in business that truly is priceless - TIME.

Think outside the stereotypical "OMFG rich people are teh evils!!!1!eleventy" box as to what business aviation really does...

Besides...most of these CRJ-200 conversions aren't going to be flown in North America...they're destined for Europe, Russia, and the Middle East.

I won't address the political side of your post...this first part is asinine enough.

Most bizjet operators are not private individuals, they are corporations. Corporations that do business, and provide jobs and tax revenue to support the economies of the cities they are based and do business in. Hate to break it to you but if you make over 500k dollars you pay an average of 4-8 percent taxes in the good old USA. If you make per capita or between 40-90k then your average tax pay out is between 14-22 percent. Depends on how many write offs you got. A 10 million dollar jet is a real nice write off - for business use of course!

For my company, half the cities we fly to for active or future job sites don't have airline service. Those that do take 5-8 hours to get from our home airport to the destination airport, plus the time spent driving between home and the departure airport, and the arrival airport and the job site. That kind of makes conducting same-day business or multiple meetings in multiple cities impossible. Operating a business aircraft isn't cheap, but it buys the one thing in business that truly is priceless - TIME. BLah blah blah for a dumb a$$ blue collar working pilot you sure talk like your some commentator on CNBC..... The Warren Buffets/Bill Gates of the world deserve a corporate jet but the CEO of some tiny little company with a market cap of less than a billion should ride the airlines.

Think outside the stereotypical "OMFG rich people are teh evils!!!1!eleventy" box as to what business aviation really does...In the 1960s the average CEO made about 20 times what their average company pay was. Today that same CEO makes about 700 times more.

Besides...most of these CRJ-200 conversions aren't going to be flown in North America...they're destined for Europe, Russia, and the Middle East. Actually the majority are going to the USA if you look at simply the numbers.

Boiler up always a fool. Look my friend all I'm trying to say is that inequality is good but we need to have some balance and fairness in this world. The pendulum needs to swing the other way!!!!!

BLah blah blah for a dumb a$$ blue collar working pilot you sure talk like your some commentator on CNBC..... The Warren Buffets/Bill Gates of the world deserve a corporate jet but the CEO of some tiny little company with a market cap of less than a billion should ride the airlines.

This "dumb ass blue collar working pilot" has a flying job thanks to the founder and president of "some tiny little company with a market cap of less than a billion" who is DONE riding the airlines because they waste his time...time that could be spent seeking clients and growing his business. That growth requires him to hire more highly educated, highly skilled, highly compensated workers to meet demand...and yeah, also puts more $$$ into his pockets. Since I and the 74 other company employees pay our mortgages by the owner working seven days and 90 hours a week to obtain new business, I could care less about his beach side vacation home or the kind of car he drives.

If you want to rail against a Fortune 500 CEO that makes eight figures while his/her company is bleeding red ink and laying employees off, I completely understand.

If you want to bag on a small business owner who has invested his life into his company and buys a light jet so he gets 5 more nights at home with his wife and kids every month...then yeah, I have a problem with that kind of myopic thinking.

This "dumb ass blue collar working pilot" has a flying job thanks to the founder and president of "some tiny little company with a market cap of less than a billion" who is DONE riding the airlines because they waste his time...time that could be spent seeking clients and growing his business. That growth requires him to hire more highly educated, highly skilled, highly compensated workers to meet demand...and yeah, also puts more $$$ into his pockets. Since I and the 74 other company employees pay our mortgages by the owner working seven days and 90 hours a week to obtain new business, I could care less about his beach side vacation home or the kind of car he drives.

If you want to rail against a Fortune 500 CEO that makes eight figures while his/her company is bleeding red ink and laying employees off, I completely understand.

If you want to bag on a small business owner who has invested his life into his company and buys a light jet so he gets 5 more nights at home with his wife and kids every month...then yeah, I have a problem with that kind of myopic thinking.

So this schmuck has 74 total employees and he has a corporate jet along with the required flight department????? Please tell me you fly around in a small piston and not some turbine powered aircraft!!!!! You made my case for me a piss ant little company like that should not have the resources to fly around so nicely on a wasteful corporate jet. Your boss should be on my 737 back in row 33 or even better if he is successful he can sit up in first and hang out with the poor ugly flight attendants.

Sound fair boiler boy?

Add to that, a plethora of qualified pilots and knowledgable mechanics to keep operating cost down. It might be a good opportunity for many CRJ regional pilots who are fed up with the airlines to break into a good quality biz-jet job. It is also nice to have an airframe with millions of flight hours of experience so there are less “new aircraft” operational bugs to work out.

Nice. Now they can start dumbing down the compensation of the business pilot profession.

My employer looked at the numbers for this converted CRJ P.O.S. very briefly, 3000nm definately isnt with much payload, and even then it isnt a NY-LA airplane 100% of the time. Service ceiling sucks too.

The pay wont be that much more than an RJ pilot with the glut of RJ pilots willing to do it for less than the other guy. Just look at BBJ Salaries compared to GV salaries, all the airline guys willing to do it for next to nothing drive the average wage down.

The idea is good, but its pretty much a white elephant.

Latest resources

Back