• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Marines G4

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I really doubt it goes to freshly winged aviators. I'd set your sights on F18s, Harriers, C130s, V22s or helicopters. I suspect that G4 duty is a shore tour that you get after your first tour in a fleet squadron. then again, it might be 'fun' if you tell the gunnies at OCS that you want to fly gulfstreams. I recommend it, heartily. Then tell them that you thing G4s will best prepare you for yoru post military airline or corporate gig. that will be a laugh riot.

seriously, good luck at Quantico. and any platform you fly for the Corps will be a good one.

I really doubt it goes to freshly winged aviators. I'd set your sights on F18s, Harriers, C130s, V22s or helicopters. I suspect that G4 duty is a shore tour that you get after your first tour in a fleet squadron. then again, it might be 'fun' if you tell the gunnies at OCS that you want to fly gulfstreams. I recommend it, heartily. Then tell them that you thing G4s will best prepare you for yoru post military airline or corporate gig. that will be a laugh riot.

seriously, good luck at Quantico. and any platform you fly for the Corps will be a good one.

After I let it digest I figured it does probably go to more senior guys, but that doesn't mean the other aircraft are any less fun.

Boy Howdy

I would love to be a fly on the wall if he told the Gunnies at OCS that. Remember, a Marine is a rifleman first and everything else is second!

Isn't that flown in the reserve unit?

Yep, it's primarily flown by the reserves though some AD guys also participate. We also have Citations, King Airs, and a couple of C9Bs that are planned to convert to C-40s.

Lynxman, you'll have to get through a full commitment (8 years or so) before you could reasonably expect to get into one of those seats and those slots are generally over-subscribed.

Succeed at OCS, stay healthy, and savor your time in the Marine Corps. It will go by faster than you think.

I would love to be a fly on the wall if he told the Gunnies at OCS that. Remember, a Marine is a rifleman first and everything else is second!

I'm confused right now because lately I feel like infantry is calling me, but my dream since I've been a kid has been to be a military pilot. I've been sitting on the idea for a long time now hoping for an epiphany to help me decide.

Yep, it's primarily flown by the reserves though some AD guys also participate. We also have Citations, King Airs, and a couple of C9Bs that are planned to convert to C-40s.

Lynxman, you'll have to get through a full commitment (8 years or so) before you could reasonably expect to get into one of those seats and those slots are generally over-subscribed.

Succeed at OCS, stay healthy, and savor your time in the Marine Corps. It will go by faster than you think.

Thanks for the info and support. When do the C40's come on property you think?

Latest resources

Back