Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jack Mehoff

I PITTY DA FOO!
Seems to me that it wouldn't be a bad thing? Its commercial flying right? So why should this be any different then the 121 world? The flying is actually a lot more challenging in the 91K/135 world. Thoughts?

Personally I think its time for it. No Hate'n intended. From personal experience I have seen that with the "Good AMEs" out there, the 65+ crowd could be a hazard.

i vote for only hot blondes and redheads as pilots from now on. We can all stay on tell retirement...but all new pilots must fit the above requirements.

on the road beer is paid for by the company

all trips must have at least one 18 hour overnight in the islands

And TEB gets bulldozed.

These are ideas i can get behind. Your idea is retarded.

If you can't lift bags, stay awake for more than an hour in the cockpit, or hear me YELLING at you, time to go!

There are some seniors who are just fine, but some really need to go!

I know the AARP crowd will be all over this. Think of teenagers and their invincibility.

What I think is tragic is these guys who are hanging onto jobs five years past Medicare when there are young guys just struggling to pay bills with small children.

This is not the "me-80's" guys. If you screwed up your finances when things were good, you're not going to make them any better now!!

Did it ever occur to you that maybe it was senior 121 management that caused a retired pilots finances to be "screwed up" by bankrupting the company and terminating the pilot pensions ? There are a lot of 91K / 135 pilots flying for that very reason.

So, then it's okay to just fly and fly...until when?? Didn't mommy ever tell you not to put all your eggs in one basket when you were a pup?

Sorry...it's all about you, I forgot!!!

Enjoy your Social Security checks that we are paying for, but will never see when we retire. What a freakin' Ponzi Scheme that is.

I can't believe someone is stirring up this little gem again.

Here is the bottom line folks. No matter your age, when you can't do the job anymore, hang it up. If you are 35 and can't do it, hang it up......if you are 110 and can still fly the hell out of a plane and lift the bags, talk to pax, and stay awake for the ride....fly the hell out of it.

And drop dead at the controls and hope a passenger can land the plane.

Latest resources

Back