Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Malaysian 777 enroute to Beijing missing!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looks more and more like air piracy. A turn off course while turning off the Transponder and ACARS and probably dropping to a low altitude. Be interesting to see what the range would be with FOB.

Someone knew exactly what they were doing.

One claim was that they could tell the transponder was manually turned off. How is that? How could that look any different than a tripped circuit breaker from a surge/fire?

All I know is that when I lose something and have searched for it in the same spot a few times with no results I make the decision that its not there and go look somewhere else.

Either that or I ask the wife. I can search all day for something and then ask her if she's seen it. She'll walk out of the room and be back with it in about sixty seconds.

So with all these countries Satellite debree sitings and with GPS why cant they do a multiple day tracking and find the stuff thats floating? You would think they should be able to get within a few miles of where the floating items are figuring on Ocean and wind drift .

Based on the smoldering piles of BS perpetrated as news I'm not trusting anything they say, about anything. It's exhausting. Poor families.

They had an emergency, set a course for the diversion field, were incapacitated enroute. Plane got to the end of the magenta line and it went out of LNAV into heading, got to the TOD and without resetting MCP altitude and it went out of VNAV into ALT HLD. Flew until fuel ran out. It wasn't the pilots' fault. My guess. Good as anyone else's.

Why no mayday?

I counted 7 different ways that I could send an emergency message on my airplane:

ADS
CPDLC
XPDR
ACARS
VHF
HF
ELT

Many of them require no more than 1-2 seconds to initiate. My feeling is this was a deliberate act.:mad:

Regards,
Fr8dogie

Latest resources

Back