Making fun of ERAU guys is fun!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
sargeanb said:
Back in '99 when I started here as a student, that was pretty much true (Bridge programs, internships, etc), but not so much anymore.

I remember a speech by a nameless Flight Training big wig saying it would be possible to go directly into the right seat of a 737 on graduation, if you played your cards right. That was in 2000.

kf4amu said:
I remember a speech by a nameless Flight Training big wig saying it would be possible to go directly into the right seat of a 737 on graduation, if you played your cards right. That was in 2000.

giggle snort (cocaine)

I hate to see my school get bashed like this. Some laughing and harmless name calling at guys that make stupid videos, sure, but discrimination and bashing the school in general is lousy.

ERAU worked for me and many others. Is it for everybody? NO
but at least don't bash it because either you have no idea what you're talking about or you had a bad personal experience.

To those that are looking for a flight school with a good reputaion WORLD WIDE and maybe learn a thing a two about flying that most people don't get exposed to, ERAU might work.

I graduated in '92 with a 3.3 GPA, got excepted by the Navy, flew EA-6B's and maybe because of my aeroscience degree got to be an evaluator for the F-18G. I then had to recall some of my old aerodynamics and systems knowlege to pass probably the hardest interview out there. Now I fly 747-400's for a major world carrier while flying T-45's on the weekends, not to bad a life.

Was it all ERAU? Of course not. Some was just plain luck, but I truly believe it gave me an edge.

Attitude goes a long way as well. I am very humble in my position and realize every day how much I DON'T know.

I hope someday ERAU will regain some respect. It helped my live the dream to the absolute utmost, and I'm sure it will for other aviatiors as well.

Last edited:
So to hijack the thread. If was going to make an awesome video, what would it have in it?

Bjammin said:
I hate to see my school get bashed like this. Some laughing and harmless name calling at guys that make stupid videos, sure, but discrimination and bashing the school in general is lousy.

ERAU worked for me and many others. Is it for everybody? NO
but at least don't bash it because either you have no idea what you're talking about or you had a bad personal experience.

To those that are looking for a flight school with a good reputaion WORLD WIDE and maybe learn a thing a two about flying that most people don't get exposed to, ERAU might work.

I graduated in '92 with a 3.3 GPA, got excepted by the Navy, flew EA-6B's and maybe because of my aeroscience degree got to be an evaluator for the F-18G. I then had to recall some of my old aerodynamics and systems knowlege to pass probably the hardest interview out there. Now I fly 747-400's for a major world carrier while flying T-45's on the weekends, not to bad a life.

Was it all ERAU? Of course not. Some was just plain luck, but I truly believe it gave me an edge.

Attitude goes a long way as well. I am very humble in my position and realize every day how much I DON'T know.

I hope someday ERAU will regain some respect. It helped my live the dream to the absolute utmost, and I'm sure it will for other aviatiors as well.

I know three people who go to the school personally. They have all told me basically they will be hired for a flying job right after graduation, will have preference over other people applying and that ERAU Flight Training is the best in the CIVILLIAN world.

So when the students who go there stop being total spoiled brats, and the faculty stop lieing to them and making insane promises, CAPT program, etc maybe someone will have a little more respect for the joke of a school ERAU has become.

TrafficInSight said:
So to hijack the thread. If was going to make an awesome video, what would it have in it?

Girls on Trampolenes. ok...I probably misspelled trampolenes. I could go get a dictionary and look it up...or even google it...but what fun would that be when I can waste that time on FI!

Metro752 said:
I know three people who go to the school personally. They have all told me basically they will be hired for a flying job right after graduation, will have preference over other people applying and that ERAU Flight Training is the best in the CIVILLIAN world.

So when the students who go there stop being total spoiled brats, and the faculty stop lieing to them and making insane promises, CAPT program, etc maybe someone will have a little more respect for the joke of a school ERAU has become.
It took me months to unbrainwash some of my roomates, but they "get" it now. But theres only so much I can do as 1 man.

I hate to bring this up and I am not going to point the finger, but come on fella... if you are going to defend your higher education institution it would probably be a good idea to proof your post a little better for spelling and grammar mistakes. Just a thought.

Who are they kidding... MY flight training was the best in the civilian world ;)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back