• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Make The Call People

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You do have a point. Next time some wife-beating gay Neo-Nazi burns a cross on my lawn, I'm going to have to insist that he be forced to retire.

Getting back to reality, though, we have speed limits because it's dangerous to other drivers if I drive 150 mph. On the other hand, there is no evidence that 65 year old pilots are dangerous, so I have no interest in sticking my nose in their personal business.

I for one would like to thank the APA for running the ad in the USA Today, They have succeeded in prompting me to make the call. And I will many times. And I will tell them to pass age 65!!! Get over it.

I for one would like to thank the APA for running the ad in the USA Today, They have succeeded in prompting me to make the call. And I will many times. And I will tell them to pass age 65!!! Get over it.

Oh...well since you said so, I'll just lay down my phone and "get over it." Maybe you should just keep on planning on walking out the door at 60.

Wow. You're so very progressive in your thinking. Live and let live. You're open to anything and everything. I admire your open-minded liberal-ness. You don't want to infringe on anyone else's rights. Very cool. You probably don't have a problem with homosexual marriage, neo-nazis burning crosses on their own property, drug users, etc, etc, etc. Who are you to tell somebody else how to run their lives, right? Wife-beater? Who are you to tell him how to run his life? Thief? Who are you tell him how to run his life?

Sorry to point this out to you, but you tread all up and down other people's rights every day simply by virtue of the fact that you live in a society. Other people walk all over your rights too for the same reason. It's all part of the social contract we have bought into. It's a necessary part of life. Speeding is dangerous, so we have speed limits even though they essentially dictate to you how to run that part of your life. You don't want other people to murder or rape you so you support laws that outlaw that kind of stuff even though that means by doing so you are attempting to run that part of murderer's and rapist's lives. How dare you?

So, as progressive as you are, you still do try to run other people's lives. Why should you care about age 65? Age 65 affects everyone in this career field. Some people will reap a windfall. Others will be dealt a fairly large financial blow. Age 65 will impact upgrade times which impacts lifetime earnings, ability to retire earlier, and quality of life for a large number of pilots. Age 65 is not a win-win situation. If age 65 was about simple age discrimination, I'd be completely onboard with you but it's not simple age discrimination and I'm not onboard with you.
Wow, nice diatribe. I think it's referred to as
logorrhoea. They might have meds for it.

I would think every Southwest pilot would make the call. Who wants to be doing 20 minute turns until they are 65???????????? That would be exhausting!

I am not "old", I dont have "ex-wives", however, I would like the oppotunity to fill in the gap in my later years to make some more $$$ if I chose to go that route. If people cant see the writing on the wall, its a shame. We have moved into an international economy/governement. Age 65 is just another way that we will blend in with the rest of them whether we want to or not. As long as we belong to the United Nations you can bank on that.

You say the anti 65 crowd is "greedy", so since you want the ability to "make some more $$$ if I choose to go that route.", what does that make you?

1. I fully expect that my company will attack my pension multiplier and my B fund contribution after this passes. It will do nothing to improve my quality of life and in essence will force me to work until 65 or whatever ridiculous age they come up with in the future.

2. I've said it a thousand times already. I do not understand how a pilot would VOLUNTARILY support any change that would prolong working. One of the reasons I got into this was because I knew I could get OUT EARLIER than the rest of the working schlubs.

3. Why do you want to work longer? I guess I'll never get it.

1. Exactly!

2. Dude, I'm with ya. I don't understand it either. :confused:

3. The only logical reason I can think of is that the person did not plan properly for retirement and now needs to work. Anything beyond that makes me think the person may very well be certifiably insane. :bawling:

I have a question for all of you telling the anti 65 crowd to "get over it". If 65 never passes, are YOU going to "get over it" (or are you going to be like the USAir babies?) LOL!

If you want to retire at age 60, or 55, or whenever, go right ahead. Just don't tell ME when I have to retire.

Latest resources

Back