• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Make The Call People

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You sound really confident that this will pass...about to hit 60? I would not mind age 62 but in light of the NASA study that was released, I think a lot of folks are going to take a second look at this issue. That being said, I think it is tough to make an absolute assertion like you did. However, I wish you luck and hope life works out for you.
thanks............and i am far away from 60.

I for one know a captain who was forced to retire at 60, guess what? No medical coverage, and his regional career and no pension (we should all be in the no pension club) made him search for a career for 5 years. So now he finds himself driving a truck in northern minnesota to pay the bills. I do not want to have to be forced to do that. So I am all for having our retirement age be 60. More pilots should look beyond the greed of a higher (QUICKER) seniortiy climb with a stalled changed age 60 rule. Yes, thats right, its your short term greed! Can other professionals work to 65? does the government give us benies at 60? No, this age 60 rule was to lower pilot costs and pilots agreed because of great pensions.........we no longer have this.

I was not happy that ALPA fought the change. Especially with euro pilots who were 65 flying in our airspace.

Yes, thats right, its your short term greed!

Dude, you are such a hypocrite!

The only short term greed I see is some greedy old bastard trying to create a five year windfall.

If this language changed the age limit by five years over a 30 year period, you would have some moral ground to stand on.

What about those that have just retired the day before this quicksilver law changes? Do they have the right to claim damages in a lawsuit?

Last edited:
Another Arrogant Airlines stupid move, just like the "B" scale. They should have spent the money from the ad on safety related problems that they have. Rudder pedal usage in swept-wing aircraft and terrain avoidance, come to mind. Maybe it is safer if AA pilots retire at age 60, they certainly have that choice, and could contactually agree to that. When the law changes, we will see the true AA hypocrites emerge.

age 65 will happen.........deal with it.

I think we should all start lobbying for age 55. Are you going to deal with it?

Too many ex-wives eh? :laugh:

I know, I know, it's not about that, it's about "discrimination" right???? LOL!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back