• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Make The Call People

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For all you guys/gals that have made the call to keep the retirement age at 60.... gracias....

And for the guys/gals that have made the call to change my retirement age to 65... lets just keep this professional and oh yeah.... Go F&*K YOURSELVES...

by the way... here is that number again for everyone:

Fellow pilots,
Late Friday night APA was informed that the House of Representatives had adopted the Senate language in an effort to get the transportation appropriations bill to President Bush before Congress adjourns for the holidays. This bill contains language that, if passed, will change the pilot mandatory retirement age from 60 to 65.
In response to this threat to safety, on Wednesday APA will run newspaper advertising in USA Today and Washington, D.C. publications The Hill and Roll Call. APA has also issued the press release that we have appended to this message.
President Bush has stated that he will veto the bill and our legislative consultants in Washington do not believe that the Senate has the votes to override the veto — but APA still needs your help to ensure that President Bush does veto this bill. We are asking each of you to take a few minutes and call the White House and tell them that you want President Bush to veto the transportation appropriations bill. You may call the White House switchboard at 202-456-1414 or leave a message on the White House comment line at 202-456-1111.
APA National Communications

Happy thanksgiving to all ..... even to you old d o u c h e bags that didn't plan for your retirement............

sincerely,

Net

For all you guys/gals that have made the call to keep the retirement age at 60.... gracias....

And for the guys/gals that have made the call to change my retirement age to 65... lets just keep this professional and oh yeah.... Go F&*K YOURSELVES...

by the way... here is that number again for everyone:

Fellow pilots,
Late Friday night APA was informed that the House of Representatives had adopted the Senate language in an effort to get the transportation appropriations bill to President Bush before Congress adjourns for the holidays. This bill contains language that, if passed, will change the pilot mandatory retirement age from 60 to 65.
In response to this threat to safety, on Wednesday APA will run newspaper advertising in USA Today and Washington, D.C. publications The Hill and Roll Call. APA has also issued the press release that we have appended to this message.
President Bush has stated that he will veto the bill and our legislative consultants in Washington do not believe that the Senate has the votes to override the veto — but APA still needs your help to ensure that President Bush does veto this bill. We are asking each of you to take a few minutes and call the White House and tell them that you want President Bush to veto the transportation appropriations bill. You may call the White House switchboard at 202-456-1414 or leave a message on the White House comment line at 202-456-1111.
APA National Communications

Happy thanksgiving to all ..... even to you old d o u c h e bags that didn't plan for your retirement............

sincerely,

Net
Hi! Glad you brought up these points!
Who's trying to change your retirement age to 65???
No one...and that's the whole point...retire when you are ready...55...60...or 65...it should be up to you.
Upping the age to 65 would allow some of us, those who have been banged around in this industry, a chance to get themselves squared away before retirement. It's the responsible thing to do, wouldn't you agree??
There have also been too many assumptions on this board that everyone approaching 60 is divorced 2 or 3 times over, with expensive homes and summer lake cabins,....toys littering the landscape.
Painting senior people as despicable specimens of over-consumption, waste and irresponsibility, may be an over-dramatization designed to sway and help legitimize the <Age 60 proponents'> opposing point of view,...but are these characterizations true???
By and large, these people are guys and gals, like you and me, just working stiffs, trying to pay the bills and get ready for retirement.
So, I'd get rid of that "F@ul" attitude, and have a Happy Thanksgiving!!
Cheers!

Last edited:
Hey kocheece.....

I have the smallest fiddle playing your sad sad freaking tune. Don't talk to me about being banged up by this industry.... trust me... you won't win that argument. As for the retirement thing for you to get your sh!t straight???? UUmmmm when did you think you were going to retire at the latest from this industry when you got into this career? OOOOHHH THATS RIGHT..... it was and still is 60..... Not my fault you trusted your airlines to give you a retirement or you spent all your money on a life style that was not conducive to your pay check, or divorced a zillion times with lots of kids running around. Plan accordingly for now and the future and don't ever depend on someone else or corporate America to take care of you in your old age. Now that you are in the left seat and getting close to death, you've found religion and are starting to get worried about how you're going to get by in your retirement???? Arguing with your type is like yelling at a 1 year old.... pointless...

Obviously the guys that were smart enough set themselves up and don't need to work till they die and yet your type.... the inept.... will continue to lobby congress to change the laws again and again till the retirement age is 75 or 80 cause you're too much of a retard to save and invest wisely.

Hope you and your type, trying to f*&k the junior guys, choke on your turkeys this year....

The Prussian works for the highest paying narrow-body operator in the country. He has no excuse for not having his financial house in order.

Yikes. Some of you pro-age 60 guys are worse than the smoking nazis. :eek:

That's because this will benefit the few and screw the rest.

It's the same thing like the RJ thing.....too good to fly an RJ and boy, didn't managment screw us with that one? It's gonna be the same thing with this. We'll be regretting it for years to come.

Not me, I'll be retiring at 52. :)

No reason to make everybody else retire so young if they don't want to.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back