• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Make The Call People

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Obviously the guys that were smart enough set themselves up and don't need to work till they die and yet your type.... the inept.... will continue to lobby congress to change the laws again and again till the retirement age is 75 or 80 cause you're too much of a retard to save and invest wisely.

Hope you and your type, trying to f*&k the junior guys, choke on your turkeys this year....

Such wonderful and cheerful sentiments. You are such a mature individual to debate with.

I am pretty well set. Only because I made some good choices and was blessed with a considerable bit of luck. I don't have to work in this industry and I certainly don't think I'll have to work beyond 60.
I do however support the change to age 65. I have stated my reasons in previous posts.
If the age in the US is to stay at 60 then the US Government must also ban foreign pilots from working on US soil and in US airspace beyond age 60.

Well, that's a great attitude! :rolleyes:
hehe It's all about me. ;)

Then again, that's the same attitude held by most of the "make these geezers get out of the way so I can upgrade faster" crowd. Difference in my case is, I'm not trying to tell everyone else how to live their life.

Go ahead PCL...You tell me where you think I should be...tell me when you think I need to retire....

Last edited:
Go ahead PCL...tell me where you think I should be...Tell me when you think I need to retire....

You need to retire at the age you've always known you'd have to retire at from the beginning of your career: 60. If you want to change the age, then that's fine......as long as it doesn't apply to current 121 pilots and only applies to pilots who receive their ATP after the changing of the reg. You knew the rules when you started playing the game.

You need to retire at the age you've always known you'd have to retire at from the beginning of your career: 60. If you want to change the age, then that's fine......as long as it doesn't apply to current 121 pilots and only applies to pilots who receive their ATP after the changing of the reg. You knew the rules when you started playing the game.
I've heard that answer many times before, and expected it. But let's take this a step further.
So...retirement has nothing to do with personal finances or qualifications, and has everything to do with advancement and promotions of those from below? Is that not touching on the very essence of age discrimination???

Last edited:
I've heard that answer many times before, and expected it. But let's take this a step further.
So...retirement has nothing to do with personal finances or qualifications, and has everything to do with advancement and promotions of those from below? Is that not touching on the very essence of age discrimination???

Your personal finances are your problem, and if you can't get your financial house in order by the time you turn 60, then you aren't going to have it in order by the time you turn 65, or 85 for that matter.

As for age discrimination, I really don't care. As I said, you knew the rules when you got into this career. If you didn't like them, you should have gone into corporate aviation where age isn't an issue. Trying to change the rules and negatively affect the careers of everyone below you is unacceptable.

And for the record, I really gain or lose nothing with age-60 or 65. Seniority at my carrier is driven far more by growth than retirements, and changing the age limit would only delay my upgrade by a few months, if at all. For me, this isn't about my personal career advancement. This is about a bunch of greedy geezers trying to screw over the junior guys, yet again, in order to benefit themselves. I've had enough of it.

One of the grat truisms of all time is, and I quote; "if voting really changed things, the would not let you do it".

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back