Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Majors wont be hurting/Regional on the other hand!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you are required to answer, you are on duty per the Whitlow letter. You'd better check the legality of that.

It hasn't been implemented for pilots yet. The F/A's have it in their CBA. It was part of that insulting offer they company put out. You're right, I don't see how it could possibly be legal. Little things like legality rarely stand in the way of some of the boneheaded decisions made around here.

It hasn't been implemented for pilots yet. The F/A's have it in their CBA. It was part of that insulting offer they company put out. You're right, I don't see how it could possibly be legal. Little things like legality rarely stand in the way of some of the boneheaded decisions made around here.

And yet, people are still showing up for class.

I am a front line employee. Planes can't fly without my work group (MX). More than one work group is involved in making an A/C leave the ground. Sorry your QOL sucks.

I used to be a mechanic and know the importance of a full force of front line employees. With mechanics and others there is more flexibility like overtime, extra shifts and covering for coworkers, until the shortage becomes extreme. With flight crews, everyone has to be there or the plane doesn't fly. As far as more shifts, overtime etc, many of us are already at the max and flights are getting cancelled for staffing. I don't know when I saw a flight get cancelled because the maintenance shift wasn't fully staffed. Mechanics are no less important than the flight crews, but there are more staffing solutions in non-flight crew work groups. That and the amount of time to train qualified reinforcements is why the industry is in a panic over the pending pilot shortage.

I don't know when I saw a flight get cancelled because the maintenance shift wasn't fully staffed.

What about when they Ops Checked Good and slung you a "repaired" airplane? Seen plenty of those. PLENTY.

Thanks. All the hard working people that work to make flights get out on time earn their money. Obviously it would be nice to earn more! t.

Always respect mtc, scheduling not at all, dispatchers not at all, management well just look at SH and there's your sign.

Always respect mtc, scheduling not at all, dispatchers not at all, management well just look at SH and there's your sign.

Why no respect for crew skd and dispatchers?

Why no respect for crew skd and dispatchers?

I think it was a tongue in cheek kinda comment. It's just poor form to be rude and disrespectful to other employees that are pretty much in the same boat just trying to do their jobs. I've never understood why some guys feel the need to go ape******************** on schedulers or mechanics.

Most dispatchers useless, they're only there because of FARs, a lot of pilots rely on dispatchers to make their decisions for them sadly. Schedulers? You have to ask why nobrespect? Really?

Ps It's different at the minors Mercy, I'm sure it's better in at leastnone of these areas atbthe majors

Last edited:
Most dispatchers useless, they're only there because of FARs, a lot of pilots rely on dispatchers to make their decisions for them sadly. Schedulers? You have to ask why nobrespect? Really?

Ps It's different at the minors Mercy, I'm sure it's better in at leastnone of these areas atbthe majors

Are you drunk? This post is awful

Latest resources

Back