Major Airlines NOT Using PBS?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
American.

Management wants it, and we as pilots have to no desire to give it. I have seen the ways other airlines have bastardized it, I can only imagine what AMR would do to it.

AA

The PBS at DAL is my first exposure to it and I think it's light-years ahead of bidding lines the old-fashioned way (at 2 previous airlines.) I couldn't imagine going through 300+ lines to try to find one that's "just right," and then entering the others in preferential order.

It all depends on the how much control the union has over its implementation. The Scheduling Comm here is intimately involved in the process (from implementation to monthly awards.)

Last edited:
PBS at the majors speaks for it self...80%+ have switched to it and none have ever switched back. PBS is far superior to line bidding with average contract language.

PBS at the majors speaks for it self...80%+ have switched to it and none have ever switched back. PBS is far superior to line bidding with average contract language.

Ha Ha, they switched because it was a concession.... Of course they haven't switched back, they haven't switched their old pay rates either.

AA:laugh:

Airtran Airways doesn't use it. Why? Because we don't trust Management one bit.

We use FLICA. Some guys take it a step further and use BidPro to sort the lines the way they want them and then BidPro and FLICA interface to have a seemless automated upload of the sorted lines.

Latest resources

Back