Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
does anybody know when net jets stopped being PTF

"PTF"?

If you mean "PFT", it's been several years. And with the current CBA, there is no training contract for new-hires.

One 15 yr NJA pilot told me he would take the a good number at a major over the fractional.

In order to have a good number at a major you would have needed to be in the right place about 15-20 years ago. There are many pilots at mojors that have been there for the better part of 10 years and are still at the bottom of the list. Double that if you look at US Air.

Whats a good number at usair 18years as an FO.

No thanks.

It will be a great life being in the top 10 of Skybus...for the few years they stay in business...then it's back to number 2611 at NJ or fractional of your liking.....:) Which is why I would never go back to an airline. But by the time you come back or even begin your career at a fractional once your attempted new airline fails, you should be number 5000. Life is all timing and chance I guess.

let's see.....

1. you don't need a type to get an interview at SWA
2. Fly I (ACA) I believe was PFT at one time.
3. NJA was PFT at one time.

let's see.......
The folks that participated in PFT at NJA about 8 to 9 years ago were later reimbursed.
Those folks that took the PFT gamble at NJA are now very well paid and probably in top 15 to 20 percent of seniority.

An aviation career is a gamble. Some gambles are bigger than others and that usually gives a better payout if the gamble wins. Right now NJA seems to be one of the safest bets and one of the better jobs out there. This is where I'm going for it. That said, it isn't an airline and quite a few pilots out there just aren't gonna be happy unless they are an airline pilot. Some of them are willing to gamble a lot more than others when it comes to going to a start up. I guess if they're young and don't have a family obligation, it may be worth the gamble that it could pay off big being towards the top of the seniority list at the top pay if they ever get a descent contract. I'm just happy knowing I'm where I plan on staying unless something else weird in aviation happens since every company is a gamble after all.

Big airplane fever. Gotta love it. Go get em. Chase those dreams.

I'll be here at the lake on my days off.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back