• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Major Airline Furloughs.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Those guys sure have fun over there, especially when they are flying naked and lowering the gear over the numbers in a "windshear" condition. No, let's stop talking about this, and start bashing SONG.

All 3 gear? Was the gear handle down? Were they trying to get dressed again and forgot to put the gear down? I am glad that nobody was hurt.

I was simply addressing the question whether or not they had departed the runway and collapsed ALL 3 GEAR----. Then I asked if the gear handle was in the down position. Then I was wondering if they had been naked and maybe had been trying to re-dress, and forgot to put the gear down. Got it? And, I was saying I was very happy that nobody was hurt---which is good.

Just don't ever insert humor into a post involving an aircraft accident or incident. I would never make light of a episode that could of killed a pilot, regardless of which airline they work for. Your post’s all could have been fine with just the last sentences published.

Yeah, now I'll chill out.

Total so far

Let see if I do my math correctly(thinking..thinking..thinking..thinking) we have a grand total so Far of:

7558 furloughed pilots :eek: :eek: :( :(

This of course does not include the 2000-2200 more from AA by this time next year as mentioned.

AAHHHHHH Yes things are looking quite well

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DRIVE ON

Off and on there has been a chorus that preached that "One major airline needs to go away." We'll it alreadly happened. Add the 6 or 700 from Continental, and we have an 8000 pilots on the street. That's about like a pre-9/11 Northwest or Delta just ceasing exist. Very sad.

Re: American

SuperDavi8ator said:
On 6/01/03 there will be 1288 pilots on furlough with 283 more announced for 7/01/03. Another 2000-2200 will be furloughed before 6/01/04 to include me. The most senior pilot hired at American Airlines (assuming that all xTWA pilots were hired at American Airlines in April 2001) with furlough protection (what a joke I was furlough protected once also) was hired in Jan 2000.

you should not assume that TWA pilots were hired on april 2001. what you fail to mention is that all former TWA f/o's and now former TWA captains are/have been furloughed. former TWA captains hired in 1989 are being furloughed right now before any nAAtive pilot that was on the property on the merger date of april 10 2001. by the way all former TWA f/a's will be on the street as of july 1st.....these are ladies with over 30 years of service. then the 2 1/2 year nAAtive fa's will start to be furloghed after ALL TWA'ers are gone.

Just get over it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have all been round and round about all of this before and everyone I know except xTWA guys are tired of hearing about it. My buds and your ALAP brothers at DAL, NWA, UAL, CO are tired of hearing about it. Just keep using the furloughed pilot loan fund money to pay for your frivolous law suit, turn your AA pilot wings upside down and wear your ID badge the wrong way and get on with your life.

What was your DOH on your American Airlines Company ID? April 2001 right? That was when you were hired at American Airlines. Not when you were hired at a once great airline that now only exists in history books like Pan Am, Eastern ect. That was why I said:

Assuming that TWA pilots were hired on April 2001.

I wasn't trying to start a flame war; I wasn't trying too slight anyone or put them down. I was just relaying some info to a guy that wanted to know how many furloughs there were going to be at American.

I was offered a job at TWA in 1998 and said thank you, very little. I chose to stay at AA instead of interviewing and possibly getting hired at southwest in 2000. 7 guys in my new hire class bailed on TWA to come to AA. You chose to stay at TWA when you could have easily gone somewhere else even though the writing was clearly on the wall. We all make our choices and we live with them.

We all have reasons to be P.O. about this. Instead of B*tching about it why don't you do something constructive and go get a 737 type like I did. Join me and all the others that are waiting for a call from LUV or JBU. How many 737 type ratings could be purchased with the loan money you guys are supporting Bensel with? Talk about throwing money down the drain.

Get over it. We've got bigger problems to worry about than your Tude.

Last edited:
Re: Just get over it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SuperDavi8ator said:
We have all been round and round about all of this before and everyone I know except xTWA guys are tired of hearing about it. My buds and your ALAP brothers at DAL, NWA, UAL, CO are tired of hearing about it. Just keep using the furloughed pilot loan fund money to pay for your frivolous law suit, turn your AA pilot wings upside down and wear your ID badge the wrong way and get on with your life.

What was your DOH on your American Airlines Company ID? April 2001 right? That was when you were hired at American Airlines. Not when you were hired at a once great airline that now only exists in history books like Pan Am, Eastern ect. That was why I said:

Get over it. We've got bigger problems to worry about than your Tude.

LOL, i don't care if you or anyone is tired of hearing about it! you will continue to hear about it! your union did it and will one of theses days suffer the consequenses. when the TWA pilots win the lawsuit, we shall see what your "tude" is then. will you then "get over it"? i doubt it.

my AA ID DOH is not april 2001. it is years earlier. and if you know anything about current events...the TWA certificate is still alive and kicking everyday in the system.

heres looking forward to the next "master reshuffle"!

Re: Re: Just get over it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pilotbob3 said:
LOL, i don't care if you or anyone is tired of hearing about it! you will continue to hear about it!
Heres looking forward to the next "master reshuffle"!

Pilotbob3,

Please do us all a favor...start another thread on the subject you want to talk about. That way you AA/TWA/Eagle guys can piss and moan on each other in privacy.

How many of those furloughed now have gainful employment at another airline or fractional? Good luck to all that are on furlough.

Re: Re: Re: Just get over it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FlyBoeingJets said:
Pilotbob3,

Please do us all a favor...start another thread on the subject you want to talk about. That way you AA/TWA/Eagle guys can piss and moan on each other in privacy.

ahhh sorry fbj...you don't like the station, you can change the channel. a little truth and education for the masses helps understand what was done to the TWA employees. if you were in the same position im sure you would feel the same. so if you don't want to read it...keep scrolling! capiche?

Latest resources

Back