• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lynx Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thought I would post another interview experience for those that were interested.

I was interviewing for an FO position.. am currently a regional prop FO.

Took me about 8 weeks to get an interview scheduled due to assorted conflicts but HR patiently worked to get me in.

Interview was fairly straightforward.. short presentation on the company then about 30 minutes of HR and TMAAT questions and about 30 minutes of technical, mostly taken from the company CFM that I had brought with.

Overall, nice facilities and open and friendly people.. was told to expect a call by the end of the week for a Tuesday interview.. actually got called later in the day with an offer.

Personally I thought it was a high quality op with lots of good people.. I can't wait to start.

If ppl want more info, PM me with questions..

cale

Cale,

Welcome Aboard! We are thrilled to have you as part of the Lynx family. I look forward to meeting you in ground school.

Gary

What will the CEO leaving do to Lynx? Any other big changes in store?

I have been asked this question a few times today and am happy to address it. Jeff Potter, President and CEO of Frontier Airlines resigned his position with Frontier Airlines yesterday to be effective September 6. His resignation will not affect Lynx Aviation.

Tom Nunn, President of Lynx Aviation is a great leader and will remain with Lynx. The business plan for Lynx has not changed. Finally it is the employees that make the airline successful. That said, we have awesome employees who are working together toward certification and who will operate a safe, effective airline. I am very proud of our pilot group who have spent a month or more away from their families to complete training in Toronto, have given up nights and weekends to review and write manuals, have helped us improve our processes and who have worked the ramp in TUL to assist while we were short handed. They constantly go above and beyond and it is because of individuals such as this that we will be successful when we are operational.

For those of us who joined Lynx after spending many years at Frontier, we will miss Jeff on a personal level. We have great respect for him and wish him well in the next stage of his career.

While Jeff is leaving the position of Frontier CEO, he will remain an active member of our board, so we will still have his insight on a regular basis.

Gary

Couldn't find Lynx payrates on-line! I heard they were lower then Colgans Q400..... True?

The industry is changing! Don't fly for these rates!

And for those interested there rates are lower then these!

http://airlinepilotcentral.com/image...colgan2007.gif

You know what they pay. So come on what are you? Are you one of the old bitter crusty guys at piedmont who is waiting for a call from usairways? Or are you a FO who has been there for years, and is still years away from upgrade so cant leave and give up that seniority, while deep down wishing you had taken that other regional job instead of waiting for the left seat of a beat up old DHC – 8 100?

Is it possible to commute, in the short term, before relocating?

Hey Skid,

With your A320 experience, why not just apply to Frontier? If you got a job at Lynx, would you start in the left seat?

Good luck.

Since that time I have been hired at Compass in the 175. I think it will be a better gig. Denver would have been an easier commute but as unstable as Frontier seems right now I think i will be happier here.

Interview at Compass seemed to be more inline with what I would expect from an airline. It gave me the opportunity to stand out vs the competition. (the one thing Lynx did not let me do.) Told to expect call in 2 weeks got it in 3 days. Lynx told me to expect something that night and I had to contact them to get a straight answer after several days. Then they did not even send me the correct "we dont want you email" AKA I did not apply for an HR job at Frontier.

As for Frontier in the Airbus. I need to get back to enjoying flying. Some will say I am nuts, but I had more fun at the regional level and besides I need the PIC turbine for future job security. What I have now does not get me very far.

Good luck to all going to Lynx, the Q400 is a fun airplane but I do have to say expect many delays with broken airplanes.

Last edited:
Interview at Compass seemed to be more inline with what I would expect from an airline. It gave me the opportunity to stand out vs the competition. (the one thing Lynx did not let me do.)

You mean unlike the competition at Lynx, the other applicants at Compass didn't have PIC Turbine either?

As for Frontier in the Airbus. I need to get back to enjoying flying. Some will say I am nuts, but I had more fun at the regional level and besides I need the PIC turbine for future job security. What I have now does not get me very far.

Just out of curiousity, how is flying a 175 so much more fun than an airbus? (Unless you consider the paycheck. Getting paid less is always more fun)

Latest resources

Back