• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

LXJET 70+ seat rates out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I dont know who requested this or if it was requested at all and the arbitrator simply did it. This arbitration was an "industry average" arbitration. I think Eagle is doing this percentage thing, I dont know if anybody else is. Is Mesa? Is Pinnacle? Does Republic?

C'mon, do you think the arbitrator slipped in SmartPref PBS on a whim? Or because Republic has it? (They do not, and nor did anyone else until now.)

And Inc. doesnt differentiate between profits(or loss's) on their 10k's from XJT or SKW, its all one big pot.

Not exactly true. Reference pages 49 & 50 of the 2012 10k for last year's breakdown. SkyWest made $106,065,000. ExpressJet lost $18,455,000. The quarterly reports show the breakdowns as well. They just don't mention it on the earnings calls.

C'mon, do you think the arbitrator slipped in SmartPref PBS on a whim? Or because Republic has it? (They do not, and nor did anyone else until now.)

The arbitration award doesn't mention smartpref. The Q&A does say that they expect smartpref to be the system they negotiate rules for but it's not set in stone.

I can't wait for my 'Senior Pilot' $2.00 pay rise. Just like UPS, is that right?

No, UPS is one rate for all aircraft, regardless of seniority. The only difference in rates is longevity. Personally, I would prefer that method.

Not exactly true. Reference pages 49 & 50 of the 2012 10k for last year's breakdown. SkyWest made $106,065,000. ExpressJet lost $18,455,000. The quarterly reports show the breakdowns as well. They just don't mention it on the earnings calls.

But they dont have a separate 10k for XJET and SKW and INC, its just one 10k for the entire shooting match which means if XJET loses money, it drags the rest of the company down. Same as if SKW lost money it would drag the entire INC portfolio down.

So INC cant "bankrupt" XJT and then get a BK judge to force contract terms on us because it would bankrupt the entire INC portfolio. Not saying they couldnt some how do something funky and put us into a different holdings company or what not, but I just dont see that happening.

I think they would rather let us sit with our almost 10 year old contract with no raises for many years(which saves them an extra 3% every year) than to give us raises. If and when we ever get a contract I can guarantee it wont equal the pay lost since our current contract went amendable in Dec 2010. We are 3 years without a raise, I dont think we will see one this year either, which puts us 4 years or 12%. I bet our pay raise will be something like 6%, which doesnt even keep up with COLA for the past 3-4 years.

Question is, what kind of back-stabbing, back-door politics is going on behind the scenes?

Something is off here

Welcome to the wonderful world of Brad H. I told you that that evil dwarf will have pilots biting at each other in no time at all. The great irony is, you played into his game according to the plan to a "T". Your inability to see the patently obvious will allow him to jam the corncob in sideways.
The longer your reps spend with him, the more his way of thinking becomes their own, think Stockholm Syndrome. Our SAPA guys go in all fired up, gonna change the world, lasts about 2 weeks, a couple of SGU Outback steak, "working dinners" and the SGU way of thinking "makes sense". How many times have they called themselves our elected leadership? They aren't elected leaders, they are elected representatives, slight difference.

Last edited:
Where was it ever written that every worker is owed a 3% raise per year? Who said you automatically tie your pay to some expected raise in inflation? What is there is no inflation, or it goes the other way, do we give money back?

Where was it ever written that every worker is owed a 3% raise per year? Who said you automatically tie your pay to some expected raise in inflation? What is there is no inflation, or it goes the other way, do we give money back?

Said nobody ever!!!!!

Well, LXJT, there is a saying that you get what you negotiate. You think you got hosed on payrates, just wait until you get your first SmartPref award and it jams everyone of you down to Min days off. That's what globalized systems do--put 10 pounds of crap into a 5 pound bag. Just ask any Continental pilot.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back