• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

LUV Stock to continue slide

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What's up with the SWA obsession on these boards?

My take is it is a result of so many SWA pilots getting on here and putting everything non SWA down. SWAPA rules ALPA sucks, we are the best airline ever, etc etc.
I always have liked SWA, they are good at what they do and I have met a lot of good SWA folks over the years. I have also met a lot good people from other airlines too. The SWA folks come across as all they care about is themselves and how can they get ahead at any cost.

Will SWA and AirTran become one cohesive company in the next year or so, or will AirTran be a subsidiary under Southwest? What happens "if" SWA can't completely integrate AirTran into their company?

If taking it up the rear means making 6 figures and working 3 days a week sign me and the 14 million other unemployed up!
Never fails to amaze me how out of touch Union members are with the average wage earner making $40,000 per year.

You got that right, try being unemployed in an economic downturn and see how you like it. I've done it and it's not fun. For some people nothing will ever be enough, for those of us who have been through tough times we learn to appreciate what we have instead of always focusing on those who have more. There's a huge percentage of the population who can't even imagine what it would be like to earn even 30K, that would seem like all the money in the world to them.

I'm going to have some significant, negative QOL effects from this merger until 2015 and I'm not thrilled about it but it is what it is, in the end I will have a job and an income that most people can only dream about; my "problems" are laughable compared to people who really have it tough. I think some people need to lose what they have in order to appreciate what they had, it makes you more humble and gives you a totally new perspective on life. Take a walk through a really poor, bad neighborhood sometime and see how some people have to live, it's a good reality check. That could have been anyone of us, count your blessings and think twice before you compalin about your 100K plus job that you already have or will have at some point as a SW pilot.

Nobody is a prisoner in this deal, everybody is free to choose their own course. If anybody is so unhappy about this that they can't get over it you are free to "move about the industry" and find something you like better. I can understand we will have a period of adjustment where some people will be PO'd and need to vent for awhile, that's just human nature and I'll probably whine a little too, but at some point we will need to accept reality, get over it and move on. I don't want to share a cockpit with somebody who is going to rant about this for the next 20 years.

My take is it is a result of so many SWA pilots getting on here and putting everything non SWA down. SWAPA rules ALPA sucks, we are the best airline ever, etc etc.
I always have liked SWA, they are good at what they do and I have met a lot of good SWA folks over the years. I have also met a lot good people from other airlines too. The SWA folks come across as all they care about is themselves and how can they get ahead at any cost.

Actually, I don't know if that's quite right. Or at least the whole story. My take is that a lot of folks make negative comments about SWA (or put up snippets of any article that has anything negative about SWA). Why that is is probably best left up to a pshrink. Maybe because SWA is currently at the top of the heap in pay, etc., and everyone wants to pick on someone who is getting a better deal than them.

Anyway, that of course leads to SWA guys jumping in to defend their company against any perceived slam, and it escalates from there. Sure, SWA has its hotheads (and everyone knows who they are), but it's not quite like Dan Roman thinks--it's not just SWA guys starting threads titled, "SWA rocks and the rest of you guys blow goats." It's guys responding and escalating. Because SWA is at the top of the heap right now, plus the whole SWA/Airtran acquisition soap opera, that's where the discussion-turned-arguments tend to materialize.

And then of couse, you have the constant pot-stirrers like Fubijaakr, OYS, General Lee, Lumberg and others. They just chime in with a random or tangentially-applicable anti-SWA comment, which they know will elicit the predictable responses and ramp up the rhetoric. It's what they do. It's all they do. Just look at OYS's comment a few posts up.

Are we proud of our company? Of course we are. Do we think SWAPA works better than ALPA? I'm sure we do. Do we think SWA is the best airline to work for? I would guess the overwhelming majority of us believe that. That's why we're here. Most of us figure that makes us pretty lucky. That doesn't mean that we sit around trying to find ways to denigrate the other airlines. Or beat our chests and mock the "lesser airlines." However, when people get negative about our "family," we respond. Some of us try do so tactfully and respectfully; some of us, not so much. Since SWA is currently at the top, it turns into SWA against the world. If someone else was at the top right now, it would be THEM against the rest. Such is the nature of an anonymous forum. It is what it is.

Anyway, back to the show.

Bubba

Actually, I don't know if that's quite right. Or at least the whole story. My take is that a lot of folks make negative comments about SWA (or put up snippets of any article that has anything negative about SWA). Why that is is probably best left up to a pshrink. Maybe because SWA is currently at the top of the heap in pay, etc., and everyone wants to pick on someone who is getting a better deal than them.

Anyway, that of course leads to SWA guys jumping in to defend their company against any perceived slam, and it escalates from there. Sure, SWA has its hotheads (and everyone knows who they are), but it's not quite like Dan Roman thinks--it's not just SWA guys starting threads titled, "SWA rocks and the rest of you guys blow goats." It's guys responding and escalating. Because SWA is at the top of the heap right now, plus the whole SWA/Airtran acquisition soap opera, that's where the discussion-turned-arguments tend to materialize.

And then of couse, you have the constant pot-stirrers like Fubijaakr, OYS, General Lee, Lumberg and others. They just chime in with a random or tangentially-applicable anti-SWA comment, which they know will elicit the predictable responses and ramp up the rhetoric. It's what they do. It's all they do. Just look at OYS's comment a few posts up.

Are we proud of our company? Of course we are. Do we think SWAPA works better than ALPA? I'm sure we do. Do we think SWA is the best airline to work for? I would guess the overwhelming majority of us believe that. That's why we're here. Most of us figure that makes us pretty lucky. That doesn't mean that we sit around trying to find ways to denigrate the other airlines. Or beat our chests and mock the "lesser airlines." However, when people get negative about our "family," we respond. Some of us try do so tactfully and respectfully; some of us, not so much. Since SWA is currently at the top, it turns into SWA against the world. If someone else was at the top right now, it would be THEM against the rest. Such is the nature of an anonymous forum. It is what it is.

Anyway, back to the show.

Bubba

+++1

And then of couse, you have the constant pot-stirrers like Fubijaakr, OYS, General Lee, Lumberg and others.

These people are no different than terrorists. If they were Muslim Extremists they would be trying to blow up the same airplanes they fly. Same exact unstable cowardly character type. Seriously cut from the same cloth.

These people are no different than terrorists. If they were Muslim Extremists they would be trying to blow up the same airplanes they fly. Same exact unstable cowardly character type. Seriously cut from the same cloth.

Seriously how stupid is the above observation. As much garbage as some dump on here, it's FI. 'Ahhh based on his posts if GL was a pothead he would totally bogart the Doritos.' Seriously cut from the same cloth! Please grab a hobby or two if this place drives you to think like you demonstrate above. "You are in darn need of a bl0w j_b then any other white man in history."

Seriously how stupid is the above observation. As much garbage as some dump on here, it's FI. 'Ahhh based on his posts if GL was a pothead he would totally bogart the Doritos.' Seriously cut from the same cloth! Please grab a hobby or two if this place drives you to think like you demonstrate above. "You are in darn need of a bl0w j_b then any other white man in history."

I thought that observation by Dash was spot on.

Little too real for you? Feel too closely connected?

FI or not, that doesn't give you a pass on your character.

With 1233 posts I would say you need a few hobbies more and have set the record for the need than any other white man in history.

Pretty funny Osama.

Latest resources

Back