Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Joey Bagodonutz

$eniority for $ale
IMO, SWA has already reached critical mass for their business plan. The addition of AT is turning out to be a lose/lose situation. If AT accepts the onerous proposal, the SWA culture will be undermined by 1700 disenfranchised pilots until they retire. If they jettison AT, the costs of doing so are likely more than 600mil. The expressed want to retain "culture" over all else may prove to be a very expensive desire.

I have no vested interest in this outcome. I just like to call the fools as I see them and for once its not Us air pilots. This time, it's SWA management.

There you go.....

IMO, SWA has already reached critical mass for their business plan. The addition of AT is turning out to be a lose/lose situation. If AT accepts the onerous proposal, the SWA culture will be undermined by 1700 disenfranchised pilots until they retire. If they jettison AT, the costs of doing so are likely more than 600mil. The expressed want to retain "culture" over all else may prove to be a very expensive desire.

I have no vested interest in this outcome. I just like to call the fools as I see them and for once its not Us air pilots. This time, it's SWA management.

Hide 'n watch, beeiotch!!!

Hate to bust up your rant. But there is not 1700 piss off pilots, most are already moving forward with their life's. Of course we will always have the angrey 12 men. But that's life, they would b!tch if you gave them a gold brick.

What's up with the SWA obsession on these boards?

Its like the tabloids. People like to see the popular go down.

But SWA is the envy of the industry and has been for going on a couple decades so people will dig up any distant negatives to try and cut them down a peg.

I fly on SWA a couple times a month on business and the feedback I am getting from the passengers are they still prefer SWA to any airline and fly them whenever possible.

I have to agree. The employees are friendly as a whole where I find the legacies not to be.

SWA has hired personalities since day one. No matter what is thrown their way the attitudes will not change. There is a wild card with the Airtran folks. But the company is too smart to assume they are not ready for this employee group. Given their history, some of the Airtran employees will lose their jobs because of their attitudes and make an example out of those unwise individuals in the work group they represent which will get the attention of the other Airtran employees. SWA flogs their misfits in public to keep the others in line with common sense limitations. Agree with this or not, it is extremely effective.

I have or actively consulted with six different airlines. And I can say personally that SWA's people are far different than the others.

LUV is up 12% this week. Fuel went up about $8.00 a barrel this week too. So in your opinion what should we do? Pilot stock tips are always spot on IMO.

Latest resources

Back