• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Luggageworks Plastic-framed bag

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Abernathy, I'm surprised at all the negative reviews. Perhaps the production quality on the ABS plastic bag has declined. Mine is going on 8 years with no problems, and it has been thrown and dropped by rampers many many times. I changed out the axle screws because they were bending under the stress of dropping off curbs, so I lower it down easy now. It carries a very heavy flight case and a third heavy bag too! Only drawback I heard of when researching years ago was to not let FAs sit on it, because that will break it;). If you have the metal bag, then you've got spare parts too...

I have one of the plastic framed LW rollerboards and it is holding up pretty well. I had one of the metal framed ones and it was destroyed after 3 years of being tossed around in the back of the SAAB.

26" Plastic framed LW bag and it is amazing. Metal handle. Never had an issue with it and I commute. Lots of time being gate checked.

Briggs & Riley is the way to go. I have had mine for over ten years. Lifetime warranty. Has never broken and left me stranded. When the wheels get a little slow I send it in and they fix everything. Looks brand new. The non-expandable one fits in the 200's overhead fine. Also have an expandable one for vacation and it fits as long as it is not stuffed full. They are kinda expensive $300 I think but you will never have to buy another bag.

Briggs & Riley is the way to go. I have had mine for over ten years. Lifetime warranty. Has never broken and left me stranded. When the wheels get a little slow I send it in and they fix everything. Looks brand new. The non-expandable one fits in the 200's overhead fine. Also have an expandable one for vacation and it fits as long as it is not stuffed full. They are kinda expensive $300 I think but you will never have to buy another bag.

+1

Send mine in every 1-1.5 yrs for a new handle and new wheels. $15 to ship it to them, repairs and return shipping on them. Tried lots of other bags but sticking with my Briggs & Riley. It's going on 5 years now.

I do the same as above. Regular one for work (22" model), same size but expandable for week long vacations.

Pricey. But worth it to me and not nearly as heavy as the LW bag.

Latest resources

Back