LR35 FO Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lear F/O pay

Really a function of quality of life (schedule, 401K, medical): Less benefits $35K PLUS--if you do not desire high turnover; Pilot needed on call--24/7/365 on less than an hour call-out-$40K PLUS; Great benefits, flexible schedule and PERKS&/or 24hrPLUS callout--$30K or less; another alternative with dubious stability(aka--two year or less employee) Send a Part 135IFR with no or low turbine time(1200TT-see 135.297?) or foreign pilot needing USvisa(Canadian or Euro) to FlightSafety, Simuflite, PanAm &/or Simcom for SOLID training and put a 18 month training contract on him/her for your own stability--$25K minimum--PERIOD!

Training Contract

Training contracts are only worth the paper they are written on. Who in their right mind would fly thru til contract completion if the aircraft never had squawks addressed, captain is an alcoholic, company insists that you break 135 regs... there are plenty of ways to get out of training contracts. I have never heard of one being taken to court, but if you document everything, then you are way ahead of the game. As far as pay goes, as a contract co-pilot, I get $250 per day flying Lear and Citation (flew two trips in LR24 and CE550 this week). My first full time job in air ambulance paid $36K with benefits. Part 91 pays better, the aircraft are better and the quality of life on the road is definitely better.

Latest resources

Back