Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

on autopilot

Go ahead, pull my finger.
Just to let everyone know, Eagle and PSA have lowered thier minimums to 500tt or less depending on experience and 50 hours or less multi engine. How low will it go? I say give it 3 months or less. No, you won't find it posted officially yet, but both companies have confirmed it. No new pilots comin up at the pilot mills right now.

You won't have people at 1500 by August 2012 unless they hit the line, today. Even then that's being VERY optimistic.

Last edited:
You won't have people at 1500 by August 2012 unless they hit the line, today. Even then that's being VERY optimistic.

Think of it this way...when they get online they're going to be worked so hard they'll resign before 2012 OR they'll just barely have 1500.

There is no 1500 hour rule.

We have a winner... although I would seriously *hope* we have an ATP rule (1500 and/or other mins) in the bill. There would obviously have to be a timeline to achieve it and a carveout agreement to allow those with under the ATP min to be able to get it in short order from the carriers. It can be applied much like the "SIC" type when conducting a PC. I don't have a personal issue with a 250 hour guy, most of the time you won't even know unless he tells you or you specifically ask... BUT there needs to be something in place that makes sure EXPERIENCE is brought into the market place quickly. We have 250 hour guys flying fighters to protect our freedom, and we have 3K hour CFI's doing pattern work for years before they get hired. EACH has experience, but neither is tailored to the 121 world with their current experience backgrounds. Whether it's more OE, more "green lines" or the like; it needs to be done. You can believe or snicker at the "hiring wave" approaching, but the past shows that a lack of experience and thorough 121 familiarization (in the form of training) has cost many lives. Regs are written in blood; there is more than enough on the FAA's hands at this point.

yeah once the airlines show that having too high of a min requirement will cause a stoppage of air travel...it will not last long

Latest resources

Back