Low Time Pilots, A Few Questions!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
just saying

sitting in the right seat watching someone else fly is not the only way to pay your dues.

Hi,

I was same situation 11 months ago. I had 2 choices. Instruct and traffic watch. I choose instruction. Now I have 1100 hours. If you work serious every flight, you will learn numberless points from your students. Minimum is just minimum. Do not you wanna good pilot? There are so many RJ FO who do not stuff other than what they do now. I like instruction. I will stay here until I feel ready for next step.

AppleG5

AppleG5 said:
Hi,

I was same situation 11 months ago. I had 2 choices. Instruct and traffic watch. I choose instruction. Now I have 1100 hours. If you work serious every flight, you will learn numberless points from your students. Minimum is just minimum. Do not you wanna good pilot? There are so many RJ FO who do not stuff other than what they do now. I like instruction. I will stay here until I feel ready for next step.

AppleG5

I had almost the same situation... I just instructed for about a year, now I'm flying at least 50 hours a month in mostly c-560's, instruction will do wonders for your experience and your logbook. I went from 250 hrs to 1100.

Several years ago United Airlines would have taken you with that 500TT especially if you are a chk or other..... When and if they ever start hiring again and if your a chk, quickly apply or if not, just get a sex change. I agree with some of the others here. Once you get your CFI and start getting some hours, you will be on your way. Do a little networking around the airport and someone might let you fly with them right seat in a twin or citation. Maybe you can fly along with some check runners.

You aint doing any jump seating though. Not until you work for an airline or night freight deal thats on the jump seat list.

an option for you

Check out Scenic Airlines, you need 600TT and 400PIC with 50ME.

You get jumpseat privs on a lot of good airlines and it's Part 121 multi turbine time. If you can afford the first year it may be worth it from your level:

http://www.scenicops.com/scenicpilot/index.htm

Latest resources

Back