• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Date Night

CFIcare,

I missed our BBQ date last night. I am stuck in
LRD for the weekend and had to get out of my hotel last night before I was able to reply to you.

I'll be in Stockton, Ca. next weekend, so if you're in town send me a shout and we will get a bite to eat.

Anyone know what to do in Stockton, Ca???

heph224 said:
The best bet senario at getting an Airline Job is either being black and also being fag or a hot girl or apply to expressjet where they take people with 600 hrs which is rediculous.
Wow, your post reminds me of a long-time aquaintance of mine who has blamed every bad thing that ever happened to him on someone else. He's 45 years old and is still as bitter as ever.

The sad truth is, we all suffer setbacks. All of us. Even a great man like Flethas (RIP) had the inevitable ups and downs. But where we go from there is a measure of what kind of person we are. It shows what we're made of. You're probably in your twenties or so, and that's way to young to be so bitter. Be the better man ... move forward in the face of adversity and realize that "FAIR" is where they show off the prize-winning pig and the biggest pumpkin.

Life's like that, my brother. Let it go. :)

Minh

Burger Recipe

If you guys ever do get together for a BBQ, here's a tasty recipe for burgers.

Mix in a bowl:
Ground beef (nothing too lean)
Eggs
Minced onions
Minced garlic
Goya Adobo
Kosher salt
Cracked Pepper
Blue cheese dressing
Shredded chedder

Serve on a leaf of romaine lettuce and an English muffin with sliced tomatoes, mustard on the side and slice of chedder on top.

..and for that vegetarian in your life...

...Veggie Buuuurgers!

INGREDIENTS:

GRATE:
  • 5 Peeled potatoes - (red bliss)
  • 4 Peeled carrots
  • 1 onion
BLENDER:
  • 1 Can of Kidney beans (drained)
MINCE:
  • 1 Onion
  • 2 Garlic cloves
ADD:

1 small can of Kernel corn (drained)

2 Eggs

2 cups of Bread crumbs (from bakery)

2 Tablespoons of olive oil

Kosher salt (to taste)

Pepper (to taste)

1 Tablespoon Soy sauce

SAUCE:

2 tablespoons creamy horseradish sauce

1 teaspoon of horseradish

3 tablespoons Mayonnaise

1/2 a lime

FRESH dill (small bunch finely chopped)

TOPPINGS:

Cheddar (Thick slice)

Tomato (Thick Slice)

Avocado (half sliced per patty)

DIRECTIONS:

Mix the ingredients together in a large bowl.

Strain as much of the fluids as possible before adding, otherwise you will have very soupy patties.

Increase or decrease amount of bread crumbs to suitable thickness of batch.

Make patties by molding into balls first and then shaped into patty-sized burgers.

Low heat.

Light coating of olive oil before placing patties on grill.

Grill in a frying pan, preferably one with raised grill lines.

Cook approximately 15 minutes each turning occasionally.

Patties should be firm and crispy on the outside, and soft and warm on the inside.

Place a slice of cheddar approximately 6 minutes before finished in ensure melting.

Serve with sauce on top and sliced tomato and avocado on the side.

Good point on the 'jet job'.

At 450 hours, she does not belong in one. Get some real experience in an airplane that she can handle and then move up.

When I quit my corporate Lear job, my boss put up an ad for a LR-35 FO on climbto350 and got a crapload of resumes. One severely underqualified chick sent us a picture of her in a bikini along with a resume. Don't think that kind of crap isn't out there, b/c I've seen it firsthand.

We just had a gal from our school get hired as a corporate FO with somewhere in the neighborhood of 500 hours. She is attractive.

But, if you asked me, there really is no free lunch in life. We will all encounter setbacks. She may appear to be that Ferrari that zips in and out of traffic at will, while we are all trying to keep up in our Datsuns (good little trucks, btw.) The reality of the situation is that we're all probably heading to the same exit, and we'll catch the Ferrari at the next light.

And if we are heading to a different exit, then it's fine that the Ferrari cut in front of us--that isn't were we wanted to go anyway.

Patience, patience.

-Goose

pilotmiketx said:
Hmmm...hard working and reasonably qualified. Must be fat.

HAHA. Now thats funny. However, I think you might be wrong if she is in a car mag. CFICare you need and agent? How about a friend? or anything just PM me;).

At 450 hours, she does not belong in one. Get some real experience in an airplane that she can handle and then move up.
I know two guys personally who flew jet FO at way less than 500 hours, including one who started it at 260 TT (and there's also a FI member here who did the same thing).

Yet oddly enough ...

They could hand-fly the thing hundreds of miles from ramp to ramp without breaking anything within a week of starting the job, they have never given a Captain a heart attack, and they haven't suddenly just fallen out of the sky for some unknown reason after all these months of flying while completely under-qualified.

News flash 100LL ... not everyone is as clumsy, forgetful, ham-fisted, and wreckless as you evidently were at 500 hours, ya Nazi retard! :D

(You know I love ya! You're my favorite facist!)

Minhommad

Latest resources

Back