• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Low Regional Minimums

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
why don't you hang yourself?!?! Don't push your beliefs on him.Im sure this is his dream. just cuz you had a crappy run doesn't mean he will.

Ah words of wisdom from a freedum guy. I guess I should do what you say. Oh yeah I got furloughed because of guys like you.

Are you kidding me? You don't sound like somebody that's had a computer job. I do, it sucks. I can't wait to quit next month and be a CFI.

And in a few years when you have only 10 days at home a month making less than you will being a CFI lets see how you feel now.

If you want to go to an airline then go no one can tell you what to do. But as advice from a guy that worked for the airlines then got a much better job flying much better jets. Get your time up and go to a Frac you'll be much happier, and have a better chance of flying for the prime 3 later in life.

Are you kidding me? You don't sound like somebody that's had a computer job. I do, it sucks. I can't wait to quit next month and be a CFI.

I couldnt agree more. Theres now nothing I want less other than the cubicle/office lifestyle.

With 250 hours and 50 multi, you are SOOOOO ready to go fly a jet!!!! Just walk into any HR department and demand they give you a job flying at FL350 and 450kts. God knows I could use a few more 250 hour wonder pilots sitting next to me up front.

With 250 hours and 50 multi, you are SOOOOO ready to go fly a jet!!!! Just walk into any HR department and demand they give you a job flying at FL350 and 450kts. God knows I could use a few more 250 hour wonder pilots sitting next to me up front.

Pathetic...Everytime I see some dude trying to take shots like this I just think "what a loser".

You wonder why management has zero respect for you, if this guy is representitive of this group, that is why.

One universal truth I've seen anywhere I go is truly capable people wouldn't bother to make an insulting comment like that. In general, it seems like comments like that tend to come from incompetent people who aren't well liked by their peers and can barely get their job done.

To all the cool pilots...this isn't directed at you.

Last edited:
Pathetic...Everytime I see some dude trying to take shots like this I just think "what a loser".

You wonder why management has zero respect for you, if this guy is representitive of this group, that is why.

One universal truth I've seen anywhere I go is truly capable people wouldn't bother to make an insulting comment like that. In general, it seems like comments like that tend to come from incompetent people who aren't well liked by their peers and can barely get their job done.

To all the cool pilots...this isn't directed at you.

Spoken like a true 250 hour pilot. Unless you have been trained by the military or gone through some sort of advanced training where all you do is train for an Airbus (like over in Europe), then you are not ready to fly jets. At 250 hours, I would have had my a$$ handed to me had I gone right into a jet. Going from a 172 to a jet is a big step.

Then you have to factor in expierence. 250 = very little real world exp.
I've got a lot more than 250 hours now and I'm still learning and gaining exp. with every flight.

I didn't say anything about experience.

But as long as we're on the subject, you might be able to help out people with the knowledge you have instead of taking shots at people who are just trying to learn or get information.

Last edited:
Go to the airlines and after a few months leave to a better one. Peidmont to Expressjet or Skywest is a great move. If you like Peidmont you can eaven stay!

My advice- Think long and hard before flying for a living. The guys warning you and trying to dissuade you are all airline guys. Most of them were not that different from you. They all wanted to be pilots living the dream. They are here, and have nothing to gain by warning you off. Consider the source when listening to your flight instructor friends. They have not flown 121. Realize that you are not going to be the same person 10 years down the road. Seeing the world and nailing FA's today, somehow morphs into being stuck in a $hitty hotel alone on Christmas in the midwest tomorrow. Phone calls to your friends about the crazy overnights turn into phone calls to your lonely wife and a 3 year old child you hardly know.
If you fail to heed these warnings, you have no one to blame but yourself. You have been warned.

If that didn't scare you away, well, stick to flight instructing for a while, and hit it hard. Brown-nose around the FBO. Get to know the guys in the hangars. You might luck into a sweet corporate gig. At the very least, you will probably scrounge a few hours in King Airs and Citations. You can probably get a letter of recommendation or two out of it as well. If you do decide to go to a regional, you will be much better off having a firm grasp on basic instrument flying, and a bit more real world experience than 250 hours will give you. You will want to have your radio skills down pat. As a new guy to the 121 world, you will be behind the airplane for a while. Having some solid skills to build on will help tremendously. Good luck in whatever path you choose.

Latest resources

Back