• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Loss of Medical Insurance

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have checked around-no decent insurance company I have been able to find will sell you a true "own-occupation" disability policy (what I have found is that they will sell you a policy all day-right until you tell them you are employed as a pilot, then it is "no dice."). There are plenty of scam "total disbility" policies around, but you are better off not wasting money on them. We also tried to enlighten you guys on the legal protections ALPA offers, but not enough of you cared.

-Oh well.

Check out Harvey Watt.

I voted yes, but that won't stop me from pointing out the numerous gross failures of alpa as an organization. I'm financially more savvy than most regional pilots (ex-business man), and most of the fringe benefits which alpa offers (magazine, etc) are simply not worth the cost.

The ONLY justification for a union is collective bargaining, including some employment/discipline rights. Alpa sucks at collective bargaining, and tries to compensate for it by blowing smoke up your ass about fringe benefits.

I'd like to figure out how to get APA or SWAPA to represent SKW...no significant conflict of interest since we don't feed either carrier.

Remember, from the horse's mouth: "Tim Martins IS alpa". Prophetic...and pathetic.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back