• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Looks like DAL/NWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The NWA hanger in ATL has major structural issues in the slab. That would have to be resolved first.

Will it be a merger, buyout, acquisition, that’s going to be important in the seniority list integrations.

Also, is it true that the DAL FA’s do NOT have a union??? Is it true that the only Union at DAL is the Pilots????

Does anyone else think this is going to turn out like the United/USAirways merger?
NO.....The United US Airways merger did not go through because United walked away from the negotiations with the DOJ. American, TWA, and US Airways would appear at the DOJ meetings but United wouldn't. Back then United was going through a nasty dispute with their pilot's and machinest unions and agreed to huge contracts that we all remember. After those contracts were signed, United realized the cost involved to bring US Air and United together was too much for them and walked away from the merger. The DOJ threatened to sue because United wouldn't comply with the DOJ. In the Fall of 2001 United paid US Airways 50 million dollars for walking away from the merger. If Delta and Northwest are going to merge, you will probable see Air France put up an investment to help with the cost.

You think DAL will keep the DC-9s?

Yeah....they'll be re-engined with a SINGLE RB-211 snatched off the Tristars in the desert....using the S-ducts salvaged off the 727's.

Those '9's still have another 20 years!

Get ready for massive layoffs for NW and NW compensation for Delta employees!!

I think what some people forget is Richard Anderson was / is a long time NWA executive and his loyaltys most likely are still in MSP. This thing has been in the works for a long time.

Does anybody have any links to this news? I can't find anything on google or CNBC.

I've seen nothing yet on CNBC so I'll assume it's BS until I see a link on their site. Right now I'm enjoying watching the lovely Erin discuss the rate cut.

MSP penalties and incentives

very interesting as if NWA closes HQ in MSP b4 the year 2020, a 420 mil fee kicks in immediately. Supposedly iron clad for the state of MN since they paid to build the complex, I am sure that the lawyers will fight it out. Also MN Gov. Tim Pawlenty has already promised further big money tax and other incentives to keep MSP as HQ for whatever semblence of an airline emerges. The plot thickens...

Also, This will play out very interesting for the commuter food chain, I see fewer cuts at NWA/Delta, than at Mesaba, Pinnicle, Comair, ASA, Skywest is this the beginning of the end for the CRJ-200. I don't know how many these combined commuters fly, but it has to be most of the CRJ market in the US.

Only time will tell, but my bet is there will be at least two major mergers this year...

very interesting as if NWA closes HQ in MSP b4 the year 2020, a 420 mil fee kicks in immediately. Supposedly iron clad for the state of MN since they paid to build the complex, I am sure that the lawyers will fight it out. Also MN Gov. Tim Pawlenty has already promised further big money tax and other incentives to keep MSP as HQ for whatever semblence of an airline emerges. The plot thickens...

Also, This will play out very interesting for the commuter food chain, I see fewer cuts at NWA/Delta, than at Mesaba, Pinnicle, Comair, ASA, Skywest is this the beginning of the end for the CRJ-200. I don't know how many these combined commuters fly, but it has to be most of the CRJ market in the US.

Only time will tell, but my bet is there will be at least two major mergers this year...
I believe that if Delta and Northwest merge, the CVG and MEM hubs will be phased out. Both of these bases have large CRJ-200 operations. With the reductions of these hubs will be the need to reduce regional jet flying at both leading to the downsizing of several regional jet operators. The remaining hubs will get larger aircraft to feed the connecting cities to make up for the downsizing in the hubs. Another primary reason for consolidation.

REALITY: With oil prices so high, CRJ-200 aircraft are just too expensive to operate. They will be the first to go in some number when consolidation takes place.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back