Looking to go from Airline to Corp.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
westwind driver said:
Thats right, I had the balls to say it. I recieved no compensation because the B200 operator didn't actually NEED me on the trip, but they did agree to pick up my expenses, food/hotel.... BUT, most of the time, the owner would 'tip' me $50 when we got back home. Sometimes he would hand me a wad of $20s, and when I would get in my car to leave the airport, it was $140-160... to me, it was quite worth it. I don't fly for chicken poop now... i did eventually get burned that way....
You've spent a lot of time on the MS Flight Simulator haven't you?

Congratulations on achieving so much at such an early age, but you've still got a lot to learn about this industry.

My advice, go to law school, or medical school, but get out of flying because with your attitude you’re going to burn out.

I'll partially let you get away with the inexperienced part, as it is somewhat true.. No one is inexperienced, some just have more than others. :)

On a serious note, how am I gullible? please please please explain that to me? I may have paid for my flying up to around 500 hours, but the rest was on someone else's meal ticket. I had a regular job working in a warehouse and took trips when I could. I worked nights and some days at an FBO for a while to earn money as well. I, and I stress this, NEVER let someone walk on me or abuse me except one old fart captain who after using me twice, for flight time compensation, decided not to pay me on the third go around even though I told him I was going to charge, and he agreed. He agreed to pay me for a 3 day trip on a king air, but after we got back and I turned in my invoice, he said he had never agreed to pay me, that he thought I was flying for free to build time. Well, I learned my lesson.

Therefore, I may very well have been naive and gullible in the past, but I don't operate like that anymore. And for the record, my current income averages $41,800 including contract trips. This year alone I have flown $11,280.28 worth of contract trips according to "My Deluxe Invoices & Estimates." I have flown numerous trips on a COD basis as well... CASH ON DEPARTURE.

I hardly think I'm gullible.

Throttlebender said:
Please stop while you just look like a very inexperienced and gullible young pilot. If you keep going it could get ugly. ;)

I do find it funny, that because I reply to people's negative posts which are directed towards me, others feel I have an attitude.
That may be so, but I'm just sticking up for myself.
You older folks (no offense ment) seem to think younger people have an attitude because we make our voice heard.
It isn't about "HEY LOOK AT ME."

You know, if I (and please no smart-ass remarks about "what ifs are not what is") was a 21 year old fighter pilot, I would feel that I have achieved quite a lot. Is it any different in the civilian world? There are 21 year olds out there flying multi-million dollar aircraft for the Military, but magically they dont have the percieved attitude. Why is that?

I can say, that through my writing on this thread, there are many of you here that I would probably enjoy knowing, and I'm sure some of you absolutely think I'm Young and Dumb and just don't know what I'm talking about, or that I have absolutely no right to open my mouth. Personally, I think we are all fairly equal here, we got to where we are because we have a skill not many others have, and work in a field not many understand.

I've been thinking about going to law school and specializing in aviation law, but I first gotta finish my ERAU distance learning (online) A.S. degree in aeronautical sciences, already have 33 hours towards 60.

PS. And yes, I started flightsimming on an old Apple computer with MSFSII, using 5 1/2" floppy disks, and I still enjoy an occasional flight in the Hawker 800XP with Fly! II and other aircraft using MS FS2k4.

O-Line said:
You've spent a lot of time on the MS Flight Simulator haven't you?

Congratulations on achieving so much at such an early age, but you've still got a lot to learn about this industry.

My advice, go to law school, or medical school, but get out of flying because with your attitude you’re going to burn out.

Oh westwind driver...

You are jumping into a pool with a lot of far more experienced guys then yourself here...and you sound like a farkin moron.

You are obviously very new to this.

You are very proud of 41K/ yr. Thats laughable, I have flown nothing but corporate and have not made less than 100K since 27yrs old.

Who do I fly for? well...some here know as I have met them on the road, but its not in the fortune 500 as you are proud of, its North of Fortune 10 (as if that matters)

We could go on.....Jet PIC since 22, 6 type rating before 30yrs old...never unemployed....but you will learn quick enough that means squat. (but if ya wanna have a pee contest PLEASE....let me know)

Here's the question: Are you successful?

Your answer: Im a Westwind (thats a turbojet folks!) SIC with a type rating at 21. Im great!

In a few years when you realize what a tool you were you may answer a bit different...like...

I have a great wife and kids who love me.
I have a great house, very comfotable, very affordable, with lots of equity.
I have a strong retirement portfolio and a pension started.
My kids are lucky to go to great schools with great peers.
Myself and my family are healthy.
I have great friends. In fact, more than one got me a good job.

My job? Oh yeah...its a good job, it pays well, Oldest aircraft I fly is 5 yrs old, I know my schedule pretty much 60 days out, I started with about 5 weeks vacation, and I work with 100% professionals.

see how far the "job" came down the list?

Please...

"Jr. Capt" , tell us again how you bang around as a gear biatch in an old westwind...

What an accomplishment.

:rolleyes:

Geez G200, I actually was enjoying your response until I got to the gear biatch part. Funny how you make this thing about "Jet PIC since 22, 6 type rating before 30yrs old...never unemployed....but you will learn quick enough that means squat." BUT then you want to elevate yourself and you're fellow captains by calling me a gear biatch. How crude. I could continue to justify my position, but that is not needed. I will only say that I am hardly the gear biatch, as I swap legs with the other pilots. I'm not just the monkey in the cockpit or the captain's "boy"

I was, and still am going to agree with your position about being successful, having a great wife, kids, home etc etc. But at this moment in time, I don't have the above. I have my career and thus far I feel I have been successful, as a Westwind SIC.

Granted when I get older, and finally decided to marry and start a family, they will become priority #1, but it's kinda hard to provide for them without having established myself as a marketable pilot.

I feel I have accomplished quite a lot in my young life, and why any dickhead such as yourself would want to take that away from someone I just don't get.
I don't always look at things as "Look at me, what I have, what I do.." but for someone who survived an inflight encounter with a flock of geese and subsequent crash landing, I feel even luckier to be where I am... SO YES, I DO TOOT MY HORN A LITTLE BIT... but I'm sure when you were 22 JET PIC, you did the same thing. So why don't you look back at what you did and give me freakin break bud?

Gulfstream 200 said:
Oh westwind driver...

You are jumping into a pool with a lot of far more experienced guys then yourself here...and you sound like a farkin moron.

You are obviously very new to this.

You are very proud of 41K/ yr. Thats laughable, I have flown nothing but corporate and have not made less than 100K since 27yrs old.

Who do I fly for? well...some here know as I have met them on the road, but its not in the fortune 500 as you are proud of, its North of Fortune 10 (as if that matters)

We could go on.....Jet PIC since 22, 6 type rating before 30yrs old...never unemployed....but you will learn quick enough that means squat. (but if ya wanna have a pee contest PLEASE....let me know)

Here's the question: Are you successful?

Your answer: Im a Westwind (thats a turbojet folks!) SIC with a type rating at 21. Im great!

In a few years when you realize what a tool you were you may answer a bit different...like...

I have a great wife and kids who love me.
I have a great house, very comfotable, very affordable, with lots of equity.
I have a strong retirement portfolio and a pension started.
My kids are lucky to go to great schools with great peers.
Myself and my family are healthy.
I have great friends. In fact, more than one got me a good job.

My job? Oh yeah...its a good job, it pays well, Oldest aircraft I fly is 5 yrs old, I know my schedule pretty much 60 days out, I started with about 5 weeks vacation, and I work with 100% professionals.

see how far the "job" came down the list?

Please...

"Jr. Capt" , tell us again how you bang around as a gear biatch in an old westwind...

What an accomplishment.

:rolleyes:

No. I never acted like you when I was 22. Not even close.

I always worked with people more accomplished than myself. I learned, I kept my mouth shut, I networked. I earned thier respect, trust, and friendship.

You feel like you accomplished quite a bit and dont mind blowing your horn?...example...aircraft flown....C152,C172,C182.....oh boy...

Wake up. You're a pilot - and an inexperienced one at that. Time to learn. All your little IAJET rating says is that someone payed FSI 22K for a 2 week course. Thats it. How many in your class failed? um...none.

Good to hear a "Jr Capt" gets to "swap legs"....another stellar accomplishment. You actually fly..

That sure makes you a standout around here..yeah?

anyways...welcome to this board. You will find many valuable contacts here, good people, in all levels of corporate flying. Want to know who flys what? where? whos hiring? just ask...chances are someone here will get you the inside scoop....

so now that we know a bit about you and what you do, try not to sound like such an assmonkey and we wont have to slap you around again!...you are the biggest target since Gaut and that dude who wanted to start the skybar...whats his name????

Anyways..Good Luck.

:D

Last edited:
ALLRIGHT! I give up.. I'll tuck my tail between my legs for I am among gods, and I won't make the mistake of forgetting that. :)

Come on people, don't take me too seriously just because I take myself so seriously.. I'm here for the same reasons you are.. to meet new people and learn new things... I may not have started off quite the best way.. but, well I'll learn...

keep the blue side up!

westwind driver said:
ALLRIGHT! I give up.. I'll tuck my tail between my legs for I am among gods, and I won't make the mistake of forgetting that. :)

!

Aw, come on. This was just getting good! Oh well, back to Jerry Springer.;)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back