• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Looking to get a Laptop

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just bought myself a fujitsu lifebook....pretty reasonable with a bright 13" screen...just over 4 pounds...there is a model with a dvd burner and everything else you wanted for something like 1600 bucks or so......very comparable to the sony, except for the price..the same sony goes for something like 1900...i'm pretty happy with it so far, and you don't have to deal with any of the crap that dell gives you....i bought mine at fry's.....

Sharp

I carry a Sharp AV18PC. It is small and weighs something like 1.6 pounds. Very thin and SHARP has the best LCD screen on the market.

The most important thing is to get a bullet proof computer case. I have on more than one ocassion had to send mine in for replacement screens because someone dropped a bag on top of or stepped on my bag.

I use one of those aluminum camera cases and you customize the foam interiors for your extra battery, power supply, portable floppy driver, digital camera and mouse (important for those long layovers and online gaming).

Check on Ebay first and compare with the big box computer stores.

I dont know how someone says if you can afford a SONY VAIO, you should get one. You can get a VAIO Laptop from between $700 - $4000 and beyond.

Same with just about any manufacturer

Go get an apple. SO easy to use and very fast. I just bought a powerbookg4 12". It rocks. Has everything you will need and more..
DO IT!
snowman

Dell 700m

Dell 700m....as stated before you have to get the ....
CompleteCareTM Accidental Damage Service

...because accidents do happen.

CompleteCare Accidental Damage Service provides easy and flexible repair and replacement service for most accidental damage to select systems and peripherals, helping to save time, money, and resources in the event of an unplanned incident.

Are your systems or peripherals exposed to multi-use, harsh environments, multiple-users, or mobility? Then you need CompleteCare!
  • Easy to use
  • Flexible: 1,2,3, or 4 year coverage available
  • Investment protection
  • Saves I/T department time and resources
  • Helps save I/T department time and resources
Helps save your organization time, money, and resources.

What is CompleteCare?
  • CompleteCare1 is a repair and replacement service that covers most accidental damage to select systems and peripherals that is not covered under limited warranty (spills, drops, surges, breakages).
  • Investment protection for systems and peripherals exposed to high-risk settings (multi-use, high mobility, multiple users, harsh environments).
CompleteCare is a great addition to the award-winning service and support that comes with each Dell system!

How is your system or peripheral used?

http://img.dell.com/images/global/services/complete_care_lm.jpg

What kind of damage is covered?

Non-intentional damage that is caused by accidents will be covered. Some examples are:

Cause of Failure & resolution
Liquid spilled on or in unitRepaired or unit replaced
Drops, falls, and other collisions Repaired or unit replaced
Electrical surgeRepaired or unit replaced
Damage or broken LCD due to a drop or fall Repaired
Accidental breakage (multiple pieces)Repaired or unit replaced

Damage caused by intentional acts, fire, theft or loss, is not covered under CompleteCare. Some examples of damage that would not be covered are:

Cause of FailureResolutionhttp://img.dell.com/images/global/brand/title/shad.gifDamage in a fireNot covered - possible insurance coverageIntentional damage (hammer marks)Not covered - user responsibleStolen unitNot covered - possible insurance coverageNormal wear
(does not affect system performance)
Not covered

Is the following statment actually an advertisement for somebody's service plan?

Airboss said:
Dell 700m....as stated before you have to get the ....
CompleteCareTM Accidental Damage Service

...because accidents do happen.

CompleteCare Accidental Damage Service provides easy and flexible repair and replacement service for most accidental damage to select systems and peripherals, helping to save time, money, and resources in the event of an unplanned incident.

Are your systems or peripherals exposed to multi-use, harsh environments, multiple-users, or mobility? Then you need CompleteCare!
  • Easy to use
  • Flexible: 1,2,3, or 4 year coverage available
  • Investment protection
  • Saves I/T department time and resources
  • Helps save I/T department time and resources
Helps save your organization time, money, and resources.

What is CompleteCare?
  • CompleteCare1 is a repair and replacement service that covers most accidental damage to select systems and peripherals that is not covered under limited warranty (spills, drops, surges, breakages).
  • Investment protection for systems and peripherals exposed to high-risk settings (multi-use, high mobility, multiple users, harsh environments).
CompleteCare is a great addition to the award-winning service and support that comes with each Dell system!

How is your system or peripheral used?

http://img.dell.com/images/global/services/complete_care_lm.jpg

What kind of damage is covered?

Non-intentional damage that is caused by accidents will be covered. Some examples are:

Cause of Failure & resolution
Liquid spilled on or in unitRepaired or unit replaced
Drops, falls, and other collisions Repaired or unit replaced
Electrical surgeRepaired or unit replaced
Damage or broken LCD due to a drop or fall Repaired
Accidental breakage (multiple pieces)Repaired or unit replaced

Damage caused by intentional acts, fire, theft or loss, is not covered under CompleteCare. Some examples of damage that would not be covered are:

Cause of FailureResolutionhttp://img.dell.com/images/global/brand/title/shad.gifDamage in a fireNot covered - possible insurance coverageIntentional damage (hammer marks)Not covered - user responsibleStolen unitNot covered - possible insurance coverageNormal wear
(does not affect system performance)
Not covered

310 said:
I love my Toshiba. No problems in 2-3 years.

Toshiba..I have had 2 Dell's and my last laptop was the one that I have now. I will never buy a Dell laptop again. I had alot ofproblems with Dell and ZERO with Toshiba.

So I went ahead and bought an iBook G4, pretty happy with it so far, but I can tell it's gonna take me a while to get used to it!!

Latest resources

Back