• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
BOOZENEWS said:
What is shiny jet syndrome? I think paying for flight time will get you some good experience pretty fast. Why is that such a bad thing?

Two things here, first, you sound like a troll either advertizing for Gulfstreams rip-off program, or just trying to elicit angry comments.
Next is even if you are being genuine, your assumption is incorrect. It does not really provide you with any experience that is USEFULL in furthering your career goals, and is viewed (correctly) by many as something that can actually derail or at least severely limit your aspirations. On top of that you'll have wasted a good deal of money. If you want to put that 30 grand to better use, buy into an Arrow with a couple other guys, or better yet, a Beech Travel Air, get your CFII MEI ratings and sell multi and instrument ratings as well as cross country time building blocks with you in the right seat as instructor. You'll do your time building for free, may even make a couple bucks as long as you treat the plane well, and when you move on, you can sell your share and get at least part of your money back, and potentially turn a profit. I built 1100 hrs of multi in my Travel Air this way, though I didn't have a partner. I managed my expenses by working as a mechanic at a repair station so my maintenance costs were minimized. Heck if you don't want to buy a plane, you can buy blocks of time from those who do, you'll get twice the hours for your $$$. The simple fact is, on initial SIC jobs, turbine time isn't really important, PIC is the most important, you need to be showing up with at least 1000 hrs. Multi time is next and you want at least 200. Turbines are actually easier to operate than recips, and you can practice approaches at the same speed with a Travel Air as a 777, just leave the plane clean and the power up. Also, beware of being in the right seat of a single pilot aircraft, that time isn't loggable at all, though that's not the situation in the 1900.

This is total flame!
However GS is the perfect place for someone like Booznews, I think you should plop down your cash now before this opportunity of the fast track is missed.

Guys, stop responding to this idiot. He's not serious. He's only trying to get everyone worked up. I think some of you need to tune up your flamebait detector. :)

And don't forget about all the HOT women you'll pick up w/that uniform..better hope they're happy with a "low-budget" date

FR8mastr said:
This is total flame!
However GS is the perfect place for someone like Booznews, I think you should plop down your cash now before this opportunity of the fast track is missed.

What is flamebait? Why are all of you so upset? In this competitive industry a good pilot program like Gulfstream WILL get you ahead. All I want to do is fly. I don't mind the low wages at all.

John2375 said:
And don't forget about all the HOT women you'll pick up w/that uniform..better hope they're happy with a "low-budget" date

Again I'll be so happy just to be able to fly that I'll gladly go for a cheap date as long as it's with a hot woman!

BOOZENEWS said:
Again I'll be so happy just to be able to fly that I'll gladly go for a cheap date as long as it's with a hot woman!

Since you apparently don't have anything better to do with your free time than post flame bait on this forum, I don't think a job at NASA would help you to get a date bud.

BOOZENEWS said:
What is flamebait? Why are all of you so upset? In this competitive industry a good pilot program like Gulfstream WILL get you ahead. All I want to do is fly. I don't mind the low wages at all.

You just identified yourself as a shill for Gulfstream, that was a dumb move, but since your program is reasonably effective for your airline (not your F/Os) you figure that most people are stupid. You came here with a question to advertise your program and the responses were overwhelmingly negative and since this thread has been viewed over 1100 times, you are now stuck defending it. The "Gulfstream WILL get you ahead" was your error. There is no need to sureptitiously advertise here, unless of course all the bucks you guys pay out for those ads in all the glossy rags has begun failing to bring in enough people naive enough to fill your right seats with paying passengers, and you may have to start paying people to ride in those seats. Not a wise move to defend the thread here, you should have just let it die when the first set of responses came in. Now you have shown how desperate your situation is, and even the naive and stupid can see that it's a load of crap for a program. You all had a good run of it, I remember your ads from over a decade ago when I was starting out. The internet and the communications era has though exposed the progam for what it is by putting prospective candidates and the dissillusioned graduates of the program together in an open forum. Start figuring out how your going to change your revenue stream to make up for the declining idjits enrolling and the loss of that seat mile revenue and the additional expense of doubling your paid flight crew roles.

Ha Ha got y'all!!!

Everything I said was made up and a complete lie!! I just wanted to throw out a bunch of FB to see who would take it and who wouldn't. I got to say that not as many took it as I had thought.

Out of all seriousness it PISSES ME OFF that my generation of pilots set the bar so low and are willing to work for next to nothing. This is like having sex with the fattest and ugliest girl because you are dying to lose your virginity and can't score with a hottie!! Although I have only 150 hrs I have learned a lot about the industry from reading these posts. Again pure flame bait that I posted about GS and in all seriousness I do hope the worst is over in yet another downturn in this industry.

Stay strong everyone!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back