Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Looking for one Hawaii approach plate...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Interviewed with them on Monday...

1 guy was a no-show (phyliss stated that happens often), the other got walking papers after the written. I went through all 4 plus the got the NDR to get notarized and sent back to them. I thought the same thing, they pay for the psych, drug and NDR, so I would "assume" you would be a poolie in a few weeks. Is my thought process remotely accurate? How many go the length and get the decline?

Someone mentions 5 days from interview to offer, is that accurate?

Any idea the size of the pool? I remember about a year ago it was supposedly at 50...

Thanks...

A buddy of mine interviewed with us, and he went through the whole interview process including drug test, and he got the no-thank-you letter. Best guess, he bombed the psych test..

That psych test is one of the biggest disqualifiers. Who knows what they're looking for in that one...

your thought process is correct, though i dont know how they pull people from the pool. i dont know if there is any rhyme or reason to it or not. if you got the pee-pee test, you should be in the clear as far as the interview goes. they're just waiting for results from things that cant be verified right away (tests, etc).

offers are given about 5 days AFTER the last day of interviews.

i have no idea on the size of the pool.. i would guess about 20.

Hi again,

Well I don't know if I should feel encouraged, or not. I too, was given the NDR to have notarized, (Which by the way I have not done yet and will do today). I felt that my interview went rather smoothly except for the trim switch battle in the sim, which later went better. ILS to a landing.

As for the COG (psych test), it didn't seem that difficult to me, but then again who knows. I know for sure I passed that written, That prep book has been my nightly reading for six months, through 3 interviews.

The one on one with Ms. Torres, and Joe Edwards seemed to go well, I answered all of their questions and we seemed to have a nice rapport.

As for the drug test, well I am a clean living sort of guy, so that I'm not too worried about.

Well enough with the analysis, thanks for reading, I'm boring myself to tears.

Your friend,

Av8ter

SIM RIDE?

Some people actually did a sim ride???

I was told and from some of the gouges that the sim ride was gone... I never did a sim ride, offered one or even mentioned that one may be needed...
4 Phases...
1 on 1
written
if good then continue or your excused
Psych test
Drug test

At what point did you do the sim? Not to be nosey but what were your qualifications? Are the sim riding guys without turbine or low multi???

Now I am thinking maybe I did not make it if I was not offered a sim ride!

The Psych test was the same at PDT, from what I remember PDT telling us is the test just puts an individual in a "range" the range is to see if you could handle training or not. The range was based on an ability to "think on your feet" so to speak. The timed portion of the color test was to see your confidence in time and accuracy. As the PDT guy who picked this test as a qualifer put it to me, "we are looking for guys to look outside the box"

I do not know if this helps anyone or not, but I also remember that the success rate was normally quite high (70% or better) amongst most pilots.

in ATL this past Monday...

I expected one, but never got one.... No one was even around to run the sim

I am baffled...

This is a reply to Dondk, and Freight Dog.,

YES! I got a sim ride. I was not expecting it. All of the prior gouges didn't mention one so I did not go to a local airport and practice on one. It was right after the one on one and written test. I was with another applicant when a gentleman who introduced himself as a sim instructor asked who wanted to go first. I volunteered primarily because I wanted to make sure I went through all of the stages. The sim was set up as a King Air, with dual glass cockpit monitors and full yoke, power levers, throttle etc...He explained it was going to be a CRM type flight and he was FO. I set up the frequencies for VOR, and ILS in ATL, and off we went. He told me V1 Vr V2 speeds and adjusted the torque. Basically straight and level at 4000' some turns in a climb, and descent, and an approach. Then a missed apporach, and a hold. Which I did not do, but called our the proper entry. I unfortunately had a hard time with the trim switch, and started to work too hard and began chasing needles. He also felt that the trim was a little squirrley. During my last approach, they put the sim on pause, and had me do a drug test. I spent about 5 minutes trying to p#@ in a bottle. After that, I went back and made a descent ILS and a bouncy landing. Then I was done. This took place in Atlanta, AirInc. I now that once I start flying daily and consistently, my skills will come back quickly. It's like riding a bike. Anyway, I don't know how much emphasis they put on the sim ride, I really don't think I did that badly. But then who knows. I really want this job though. By the way, the sim guy was great, real easy going.

Your friend,

Av8ter

Oh! by the way,

I flew a King Air, and a Merlin for a 135. Now I'm working for a company with executive Cessna 414's. My time is 1370, with 550 turbine.

Av8ter

Latest resources

Back