Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Looking for one Hawaii approach plate...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dondk & avi8tr,

as far as the sim, i dont think they're looking to see if you are chuck yeager right outta the box. they are just looking to see if you have some skills so you will be trainable if they hire you.

as far as not getting a sim ride, i wouldnt worry about it. they have gone back and forth between using sim rides and not using a sim. given that, i dont think its THAT heavily weighted. they have hired many people without a sim ride. it is possible that you (dondk) werent given one only because there wasnt a sim guy available to run the sim.

word i got was that roughly half the applicants from ATL will probably go into the pool.

good luck... let us know when you get the letter!

:eek: :eek: :eek:
Mr. Jorgan. I'm on to you! I asked a few newhires if they knew a Hugh jOrgan from the internet. After a few chuckles, I caught on to your e-name shinanigans. Wishing for the impossible is no way to go through life mister! You are now on Secret Probation! In fact, because you spilled the beans on the big guy's key interview question, you're probably on Double Top Secret Probation. Trust me, he's on to you mister!! You too Freight Dog (aka "I never have time to surf"), and Dash8driver also. Better help the big guy come up with a new question now that any knucklehead can answer the old one! Secret Probation for both of you!!!;)

For those who have interviewed, good luck to you. Home every night, fun people to work with, great boss, and mucho outdoor activities. If you're tired of surfing cold water, this is the place to be!:D Most important, be ready to devote every inch of your brain to training. If unfamiliar with Hawaii's airspace, get on it now. See ya soon!

Last edited:
CARVEMASTER said:
:eek: :eek: :eek:
You too Freight Dog (aka "I never have time to surf")

Doh!!!!!!!! Guilty as charged! But hey, I did manage to paddle out the last coupla mornings. I'm starting to take this job for granted, and that's not good. ;-)

"Wishing for the impossible is no way to go through life mister!"

Well, it's ONE way to go through life.......

Wish I were paddling out.... hopefully by the time the country bumps up again, I'll be back there and joining you guys, maybe even sooner....

any class date rumors?

They just finished one. There is one more coming up, but according to staffing requirements the flight ops put out, they just may have to run another class...

Good luck!

:cool:
Just having fun Mr. Hugh.
I thought you were already on board with us! Don't worry, before you know it you'll be up to your ears in system handouts, limitations, and emergency procedures. Manage your time well in training. Try to keep one day ahead by studying the systems to be covered the following day. You'll retain a great deal more in class that way.
See Ya!

Carvemaster

Last edited:
Another to the pool

Got my e-mail yesterday and faxed in the acceptance today...

Looking forward to getting to fly the islands and looking forward to getting back to a Dash....

Thanks to all for the information and look forward to meeting you one day on the line...

Contratulations! Dondke,

That's great that you got the job, I'm still waiting for my letter or email. Try'in hard not to get insecure... This self analysis is driving me crazy. Just really want the job...

Av8ter

Surfing on Reserve?????

Anyone ever found a good way to waterproof a pager well enough to trust it in the surf? I tried it once: waves 1, pager 0.
Just seems like there'd be no better way to sit reserve than to be in the water. Anyone have any luck?

Latest resources

Back