Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Looking for one Hawaii approach plate...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

You already sound like an Island Air pilot. I haven't tried this since I don't use a pager, but here's what I think...

You know those little plastic containers for the money that you hang around your neck? I'm thinking.. if you can find a small enough pager or even a small cell phone, and fit it in there, I think it just may work. You just gotta make sure it's waterproof.

Otherwise, you'd have to take turns with someone - while one surfs, the other watches the phone/pager.

Hey guy's,

I didn't get the job. Good luck, and congratulations again for those that did. Fly safe, and enjoy.

Av8ter

I'm sorry to hear you didn't get the job this time around. Keep flyin' and here's hoping you get the job you want soon! Aloha.

Mr. Hugh,
RE: Waterproof pager.

After searching for the perfect set up, here's what I ended up with. First, I bought this small first aid kit that came in a heavy duty ziplock bag. Dumped the contents and put my pager in. Sealed it very carefully with duct tape. Also purchased one of those "waterproof" bags with velcro closure and neck string. Place the small ziplock bag containing the pager inside the velcro sealed bag. Since the velcro "waterproof" bag is anything but waterproof, seal the top very carefully with duct tape. Place string around neck so pager hangs at the center of back. Wear rash guard over it.

For surfing, it's hard to get back in and to a phone within 10 minutes, but easy to throw your stuff in the car and head to work within the hour. For windsurfing, you can get to a phone in no time, but it takes more effort to pack things up and head on in to work.

I've done it, but usually only when I'm way down the list on reserves. I also usually call in to let them know what I'm doing, and that I have my pager with me in the water. I was paged once while windsurfing. Got to the phone in 3 minutes, but they only called to tell me I was flying the NEXT day.

Outer bag leaked once, but inner bag saved the pager.:D

reserve

What is reserve running these days?

At the interview it was alluded to about 3 months... Is that reasonable?

Any thoughts too on places to reside while in training and thereafter?

Thanks for any input...

Don

That's some creative thinking there Carveboy, very practical.. :)

How long on reserve, Don? Well, let me put it to you this way.. the senior people in the newhire class that are in the sim right now will be holding lines in July or August.

Keep in mind that you'll be flying a lot during your first 3 months to get you your 100 hours in type... by the time you get your 100 hours, you'll have a line, or be darn close to holding one.

As for places to live...

when I first came out here, I stayed in Waikiki. There are places that will rent you rooms for like $200-250/week. By the time I was done with training I had found a permanent place.

Freight Dog

Thanks for the info...

I "heard" reserve could be short... Heck where I am I still have another 6 months to go and that is after putting in 5 months.

My significant other is looking for places to reside in Hawaii... She is telling me unless I plan on having 3 jobs it is not gonna happen... Where should I have her "look"...

Thanks for any info... also, any sites or info on how to ship things over?

Thanks...

don

Latest resources

Back