• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Looking for news from PSA.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Agreed. That would probably NOT be a good scenario for the PSA pilots.

No doubt, and especially after we mergered with ALG which was probably the most senior Regional Airline in the country at the time.

Doesn't Harrisburg have like 15 year Captains on reserve?

Scheduling told me yesterday that they are scrambling moving captains to cover flying. So i don't know what they would do if we furloughed and downgraded again.

No doubt, and especially after we mergered with ALG which was probably the most senior Regional Airline in the country at the time.

Doesn't Harrisburg have like 15 year Captains on reserve?

Yup that is true.

Heck, the 'Bern ain't much better. Saw S.A. today in the training center. He was lamenting the state of his seniority in EWN. He has something like 14 years in I think.

I don't guess I will be returning to the gentile south anytime soon.

TK has a history of shooting his mouth off that other employers (aviation and not) would never get caught saying. His brutal honesty can be at times shocking and telling about his intentions and the direction of the airline. He is a casualty of his own statements and has been since the Jball years.

Don't forget where PSA was 8 months ago, TK had marching orders to start pulling flying down and to trim his costs, he has done that. He briefed his people last March that they were losing money, why would you think that has changed today? The 50 seater is a money loser before the FO even does the walk around. Wanna contest this statement? Do the math....PSA is a financial sore.

I agree that a merger/shutdown/sale is in its future. I can see a combined merger with PDT as a real solution for Parker. A combined Dash 8/CRJ 700 single fleet would serve the parent company in the long run. As for the 50 seater? New Orleans needs FEMA trailers...there is still a housing shortage there. As the leases come up in the next 36 months there will be a lot to look at. This might not happen this year but by 2010 I see a very different company than what is there now.

If your furloughed dont count on going back anytime soon. Its a numbers game and PSA is hurting the bottom line.

I beg to differ,

Oil Now under $70 a barrell, 50 seaters "full" now make money. You put PSA side by side with AIR WIS, SH$TAGUA, and even MESA, PSA comes out on top for being the cheapest 50 seater operation in US AIRWAYS, Airways gives all these contract carriers a profit (fee for departure) for every flight they do + AIR WIS can't even single engine taxi, they burn 3 engines in nice long lines in Philly, LGA etc etc. PSA now being a wholly owned all they do is pay for what it is actually costing them to fly the plane IE CHEAPER. PSA isn't losing money, there is no way to tell that, it's all funny money all US' cash. They made all the cuts because Parker has control over us, he told TK "cut costs".......Parker has no control over the contract boys because of "the contract"

When oil was at $140, the 50 seaters lose money, now that it is around $65 I feel comfy, PSA now puts some black ink over the red.

Makes financial since to merge PSA PEIDMONT, I just hope it doesn't happen

BLUUUUUUE

Makes financial since to merge PSA PEIDMONT, I just hope it doesn't happen

BLUUUUUUE

Not wanting to start an argument but I think there would be minimal savings if the two were merged.

SSO already handles most of the administrative work for both companies. i.e. hotel, fuel contracts, payroll, & now even flight support (monthly scheduling). So would be little or no cost saving there.

If they merge the 2 companies they may be able to cut out some middle management (chief pilots, inflight directors, training department) but the combined company would still need all the pilots, F/A's, mechanics, dispatchers, & possibly crew schedulers.

Not wanting to start an argument but I think there would be minimal savings if the two were merged.

SSO already handles most of the administrative work for both companies. i.e. hotel, fuel contracts, payroll, & now even flight support (monthly scheduling). So would be little or no cost saving there.

If they merge the 2 companies they may be able to cut out some middle management (chief pilots, inflight directors, training department) but the combined company would still need all the pilots, F/A's, mechanics, dispatchers, & possibly crew schedulers.

...To say nothing of the fact that they would also be creating larger bargaining units they would have to deal with. I doubt it will happen.

Did a flight in the CRJ 200 out of FAY to CLT. We had 15 heavy's, 34 Checked Bags. 5 Carry'ons.
The fee for the bags covered our fuel even if it was at $3/gallon. Then they had the revenue from the passengers. It's all crap that the 50's don't make money. They do. The difference from a Dash to a CRJ for that flight is just $140. And the dash would be weight restricted. How good is your customer service if the bags don't make it to your destination?
The CRJ's are just fine for what they do. Don't buy into this rumor that they aren't cost effective, its just a scheme by management to lower labor costs and now everyone thinks it is true. And it ain't.

Latest resources

Back