Looking for news from PSA.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No end in sight

79 on furlough and no end in sight. Talk of picking up flying if Mesa tanks. Inept management. Contract ends next year. Schedules just outsourced to Piedmont. Pilot and FA contracts have footprints all over them. Stay away!

Apparently TK is telling recurrent classes that he could furlough another 28 if he wanted to, but he doesn't want to at this time. Reserves probably average 20-40 hours per month.

Recalls are nowhere near. It will be well into 2009 if not longer.

Apparently TK is telling recurrent classes that he could furlough another 28 if he wanted to, but he doesn't want to at this time.

That's kinda crappy telling a recurrent class that? What was he trying to do, make himself feel better?

Thank God we at Piedmont never got those RJ's. They seem to have been more trouble they would have been worth!!!! Bring back the Dornier 328.

That's kinda crappy telling a recurrent class that? What was he trying to do, make himself feel better?

I highly doubt he has been saying that for one. However people need to realize that PSA is an airline in which gets the left overs much like PDT. Any expansion in the express operations of USairways will go to RAH most likely. Especially with the near 35million they just "invested" into their future flying with USairways.

In addition there are many people in Dayton who have only flown about 20 hours the past two months. You have to keep in mind this is on part to blame on PSA mgt. We are overstaffed in DAY and have a TYS base that makes no sense at all. TYS still has way too much flying where that flying needs to be transferred to DAY/CLT crews. TYS FO's are flying a lot, but again this is due to mgt ignorance more then anything. CLT FO's are hit or miss. They are either flying on reserve or not.

All in all, unless USairways picks up flying and expands more you will not see recalls at PSA. I do not see them furloughing more, however it is quiet at PSA right now as it was before the 2nd wave of furloughs were handed down. SO anything is possible.

All in all, unless USairways picks up flying and expands more you will not see recalls at PSA. I do not see them furloughing more, however it is quiet at PSA right now as it was before the 2nd wave of furloughs were handed down. SO anything is possible.

I doubt your gonna see much if any more expansion with 50 seat RJ's. And from what I have been told Republic can't add any more planes under the current contract, they have accutually gone over the number allowed. If they decide to keep them it gonna cost US Airways money.

I see a PSA/PDT merger on the horizon. I don't know how many feel about it, but I think it could happen.

I see a PSA/PDT merger on the horizon. I don't know how many feel about it, but I think it could happen.

I'd feel bad for the PDT FO's to be honest if that happens. They are and have many more JR FO's then we do at PSA. So there would be some over there without jobs then who are not currently without a job. Other then that I dont think many of us care. Most would be on the same planes anyways and much would not change.

ANyways RAH isnt the only one who cannot get more planes. Airways already has too many, large regional jets, flying in the network. Mainline is already working to get this changed ASAP. No more 70 plus seat jets are allowed into the system at all by a regional.

I'd feel bad for the PDT FO's to be honest if that happens. They are and have many more JR FO's then we do at PSA. So there would be some over there without jobs then who are not currently without a job. Other then that I dont think many of us care. Most would be on the same planes anyways and much would not change.

ANyways RAH isnt the only one who cannot get more planes. Airways already has too many, large regional jets, flying in the network. Mainline is already working to get this changed ASAP. No more 70 plus seat jets are allowed into the system at all by a regional.

Yea, but then again I would feel sorry for current PSA Captains. Do you realize how senior the Captains a PDT are?

That aside, if it were to happen there would be fences and protection for a couple of years for both sides.

Yea, but then again I would feel sorry for current PSA Captains. Do you realize how senior the Captains a PDT are?

That aside, if it were to happen there would be fences and protection for a couple of years for both sides.

Agreed. That would probably NOT be a good scenario for the PSA pilots.

Latest resources

Back