• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Looking for news from PSA.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Aurora you keep thinking PSA is making money....no 50 seat operation is making money at $70/barrel, the hourly cost to operate this a/c is higher than the net. At best it is a break even operation and with so many variables I even doubt that.

If the aircraft was a money maker the assembly line wouldn't have closed when oil was passing through the $40/barrel range. Orders would have still been coming in, they were not. Denial is bliss buts miles from the truth. The RJ has met a cost wall that puts PSA and other operators in a vulnerable position.

And to visit an old topic/and do a little cross talking; How are your PAs these days? Have you had to do a carpet dance lately for your attempts to color outside of the professional box? Couldnt help myself....

Did a flight in the CRJ 200 out of FAY to CLT. We had 15 heavy's, 34 Checked Bags. 5 Carry'ons.
The fee for the bags covered our fuel even if it was at $3/gallon. Then they had the revenue from the passengers. It's all crap that the 50's don't make money. They do. The difference from a Dash to a CRJ for that flight is just $140. And the dash would be weight restricted. How good is your customer service if the bags don't make it to your destination?
The CRJ's are just fine for what they do. Don't buy into this rumor that they aren't cost effective, its just a scheme by management to lower labor costs and now everyone thinks it is true. And it ain't.

Dash 8/300 could carry that without restrictions. Now that we are talking numbers, the CRJ burns 1500lbs more then the Dash 8 on a CLT-EWN round trip. So for every 2 round trips in the Dash you could get the 3rd for free when compared to the CRJ.

Bottom line, if the flight is less then an hour it is way more cost effective to fly the Dash 8.

$150/flight is huge. There are 5 round trips on a 200 on 10/26/08 and 2 round trip in the 700.

So 5 round trips is 10 flights. 10*$150=$1,500. x 300 days a year =$450,000.

That is one city. Now do the same for
AVL
GSP
GSO
PGV
OAJ

Get Q400s (and/or Q400x) and you can replace 50% or more of the Express RJs.

I beg to differ,

Makes financial since to merge PSA PEIDMONT, I just hope it doesn't happen

BLUUUUUUE

So when was the last time any airline did something that made financial sense?

I asked TK once what the break even on the airplane was and he told me with a straight face that they don't even keep track of that.

TK will do or say whatever it takes to get the job he is told to do done.

IMHO

Latest resources

Back