Looking for JALways/WASINC info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
psysicx said:
Isn't it tough to j/s to Hi during peak time anyways? And do people stay there for 20 yrs or is it a stepping stone?

Yes, it's certainly tough to commute here, but it seems more difficult to get off the island trying to nonrev.

Our most senior guys have been here around 15 years. But this place seems to be more of a rest stop for people, and less of a stepping stone. It seems that a lot of people use this place until their original career paths are back on track. For some people, the current work rules and lack of commutability are becoming tiresome, and now they've announced a reduction of flight hours. For those of us looking for $, it's not a good sign, although the guys looking for days off love it.

No, I just connected through ATL to JAX. I lost Delta bennies (wife was CSR) and decided not to commute any longer, so we moved.

psysicx said:
How do you like living in Hi?

Like anywhere it has its good points and bad points. The weather and beaches are incredible, but traffic sucks. The infrastructure is bordering on collapse, but the scenery is beautiful. And the prices are outrageous. So, depending on one's outlook determines if they love it or hate it. So far, I've been able to tolerate the negatives for the scuba diving and sunshine.

Hate to hijack your thread, but do you know any information on the HACS NCA contract or be able to put me in touch with anyone that does?!?!?!

Thanks for any help!!

PtP

cole said:
Anyone have tips for the medical?

Thx

Be in shape. Have a good diet. Have no medical issues. Just like an astronaut.
I did the wasinc interview in 2002 and made it thru the process but decided not to take the job due to the low guarantee and terms of the contract, but at least I know I am healthy.LOL

Are pilots happy for long term and how many hours a month?

I’ve been reviewing previous posts about WASINC, IASCO, and HACS contracts with JALways. Thanks, they‘ve been very helpful, but I still have two questions.

My big question is, are guys happy there for the long term? (I’d move my family to HNL, so no commuting.)

My 2nd question is about the lines. Someone said the flying hours have been dropped. How many hours is it reasonable to expect a month? Are you on reserve making guarantee (50hrs) for a while or do you get a line pretty quickly?

Thanks in advance.

redhd steppilot said:
I’ve been reviewing previous posts about WASINC, IASCO, and HACS contracts with JALways. Thanks, they‘ve been very helpful, but I still have two questions.

My big question is, are guys happy there for the long term? (I’d move my family to HNL, so no commuting.)

My 2nd question is about the lines. Someone said the flying hours have been dropped. How many hours is it reasonable to expect a month? Are you on reserve making guarantee (50hrs) for a while or do you get a line pretty quickly?

Thanks in advance.

It seems that a lot of guys are happy, but for me, if things continue as they are, I likely will not renew my next contract. The upgrades have slowed, we're making our minimum guarantee with no opportunity for picking up trips, and they're talking about possibly transferring us to Anchorage to fly cargo. It cost me about $15,000 to move from FL to HNL, and I refuse to move again to Anchorage, and I have no interest in commuting. Lifestyle is what it's about for me, and this job is getting worse all the time, regardless of which contractor you work for. We're flying about 40 hours per month average. Some advice: ask ALOT of questions if you interview here.

Resocha - how long have you been there? I heard the lines are suppose to impove after summer? Is that true? Why have the upgrades slowing down? I thought you guys were getting 400s and 767s starting the beginning of next year. Can they force you to move the frieghter side once it starts up?

Thanks

Latest resources

Back