• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Looking for JALways/WASINC info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Its the dot test that the FAA uses but I had to go thru a whole little book of about 10 or so circles. The whole medical was rather intensive to say the least. Don't know how I did yet.

coastinout said:
What would the Japanese do if I didn't pass some other test, but showed them my letter from the FAA saying I am not color blind.

Coastinout

To the Japanese, if you fail their test, you fail. The FAA is a non-entity.

cole said:
Anyone have tips for the medical?

Thx

If you're BMI is greater than .27 and/or your cholesterol is above 200 on the day of your medical, there's not much you can do. So, the easy answer is to live generally healthy. Research methods of lowering your cholesterol and exercise regularly, and you might pass. I say "might" because it's still a mystery as to why some people fail.

psysicx said:
What carriers let you jumpseat?

As far as I know, Pal, none. Their chief pilot said that "unofficially" Hawaiian and Aloha will allow you to jumpseat with them but it's just a "wink-wink" agreement. Remember you'll be working for a contract operation not a part 121 carrier. What you do get is a bunch of ID 90 or ID 70 space-A passes that you have to apply for weeks in advance. It sounds like commuting would be a nightmare.

135Drvr said:
As far as I know, Pal, none. Their chief pilot said that "unofficially" Hawaiian and Aloha will allow you to jumpseat with them but it's just a "wink-wink" agreement. Remember you'll be working for a contract operation not a part 121 carrier. What you do get is a bunch of ID 90 or ID 70 space-A passes that you have to apply for weeks in advance. It sounds like commuting would be a nightmare.

Yes, that's right. Jumpseating is no problem on Aloha or Hawaiian, and commuting is the mother of all nightmares.

psysicx said:
Unless those carriers serve the city you commute from.

Obviously. But those carriers only serve the West Coast (and Vegas) and many of our commuters are from the East Coast. I tried to commute to ATL when I was first hired, and decided that I'd rather be poked in the eye with a rhinoceros horn.

Isn't it tough to j/s to Hi during peak time anyways? And do people stay there for 20 yrs or is it a stepping stone?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back