• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

LOI for loss of seperation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If anyone wants any info on letters of warning, just ask me. I now have two. Both courtesy of my FOs. I had my lawyer write my last statement which was drastically different than my first version.

bandit317 said:
If anyone wants any info on letters of warning, just ask me. I now have two. Both courtesy of my FOs. I had my lawyer write my last statement which was drastically different than my first version.

what happend?

An interesting question was raised, here. Is there a statute of limitations? A while back I got a "call the tower", and the guy I talked to said it wouldn't go any farther, but I have wondered ever since.
It's been almost a year.

The "stale complaint" rule is not universal nor universally binding, and is not "statue (sic) of limitation," but does provide a general period of time in which the FAA may or will take action. It is 6 months.

Any feed backs!

Vspeeds said:
Is there a "Statute of Limitation" on an LOI? (Warning Letter is 2 years)
So if somebody gets a "LOI" & later all charges are dropped & case closed, is that LOI needs to be mentioned on future interviews?

Be Safe!

Anybody care to Chime!

sky37d said:
I got a "call the tower", and the guy I talked to said it wouldn't go any farther....

If it was a tower controller or supervisor who told you it wouldn't go any further, I wouldn't worry about it. If they drop it, there's generally no reason for FSDO to ever hear about it.

I say "generally" because I did see it happen once: the tower supervisor talked to both pilots involved in a minor incident and thought the problem had been resolved to the satisfaction of all. However, one of the airplanes involved was a Lufthansa 747, and it's pilot must have filed some sort of report with his company when he got back to Germany.

About six weeks after the incident, the tower supervisor who'd brokered the deal found himself doing a rug dance in the tower manager's office. Seems that Lufthansa had followed up through the State Department-- on an incident which the tower manager had never heard about, and on which no paperwork of any kind had been filed. Oops.

I don't know what happened to the pilots-- but the tower supervisor got a few days on the beach.

avbug said:
It is 6 months.
Thank You

In my case, I was on first long distance test flight after engine change, both Voltage Regulators were creating an overcharging situation, apparent by battery fumes in the cockpit, and the voltmeter pegged beyond 30 volts. I requested to land, did, and crossed a taxi way that I was supposed to hold and wait for other traffice to clear. No danger, long distance between him and me.
In retrospect, I should have declared an emergency, or, at the very least, shut it down once I got off the runway.
Told the Tower guy that, he said okay.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back